iPhone 4 The Gateway, UTAH

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by AWD iPhone, Jun 7, 2010.

1. macrumors member

AWD iPhone

June 24th 2010 Doors open at 10:00 AM
    Apple Store @ The Gateway

If you are hardcore enough, there might be a June 23rd Sleepover...
    But if you are not, Lets me there at 7AM !

[​IMG]

2. macrumors newbie

We'll be there in force, me +4 for 32gb black ones

I'll be taking time out of my busy day in South Africa at the WorldCup to reserve mine!

3. macrumors 6502

PorterRocks

I definitely plan to be there!

4. macrumors 6502

PorterRocks

Any idea if they will let us camp out? I called today to find out but the managers were in a meeting and I forgot to call back.

5. macrumors 6502a

gusapple

I know in the past that the security at the Gateway forced the people to sleep out back behind the store, but the people from Apple and the surrounding shops were handing out free water and SWAG.

I think that I'll be pre-ordering or staying with my local AT&T store. Last time, they were pretty good about allowing us to camp out in front of the store. :D

6. macrumors 6502

PorterRocks

I was in line at an AT&T store for the launch of iPhone 3G. They had 40 phones and I was 46 in line. I went to the Apple store and was able to get one (after another 5 hours in line). My plan is to just go to the apple store directly after work the day before. But I need to know what their plan is. I guess I'll be calling again tomorrow.

Anyone else out there camping out at the SLC Apple store?

7. macrumors 6502

PorterRocks

Got a reservation. Won't be camping out. See you guys at 7am!

8. macrumors member

I'm planning to stop by this Sunday when things are quieter, and ask about lining up. See if they have any plans by then.

9. thread starter macrumors member

AWD iPhone

Wooo ! just got mine ! See you guys there
    [​IMG]

10. macrumors 68020

benhollberg

Camping

I'll be camping out at The Gateway for sure, anyone else?

11. macrumors member

I have a reservation so hadn't really considered showing up before 5 or 6. But camping might actually be fun. I just worry about the neighborhood a bit for that.

12. macrumors regular

I didn't preorder, but I am going to show up and try for one anyway. I don't have my hopes up.

Anyone done this in the past? Does the SLC store get crazy?

13. macrumors regular

This says ships July 14th.... Trying anyway? :confused:

14. macrumors member

I'll be there. I've got one reserved for myself, but my wife is holding out and hoping they have white ones available on launch day. What time are most of you getting in line? I live in Orem and on the 3G launch I got in line at our AT&T store at 10 p.m. the previous night. Even then I didn't get one because of how few quantity they received, so I spent the rest of they day at the Gateway. I'm hoping to not relive that whole experience again, but am expecting the worst.

15. macrumors 68020

benhollberg

Gateway

I have camped out at the Gateway before for Apple products. I actually is pretty fun, you are there will people that you can easily relate to. I plan on going late Wednesday night, anyone else?

16. macrumors member

I don't think I can do a full campout, and am hoping it's not necessary.

I don't have a reservation, but am hoping 4ish will be early enough to secure one on launch day.

17. macrumors regular

I'm taking my chances with Thursday morning. Maybe they have whites, maybe they have extra for day of, maybe people cancel or bought too many.

Guess we'll see. Could be SOL.

18. macrumors 6502a

I am thinking about coming, but I don't have a reservation and I live about 45min away... I just don't know if I want to wait in line for hours and then not even get one, but I have the day off of work.

I might see you there haha

19. macrumors newbie

Some friends and I will be there overnight. Anyone heard what the store has planned for people waiting?

20. macrumors 6502a

gusapple

Well, I called the Apple Store to ask a few questions about my reservation and ended up talking to the guy about camping out. He said that he's predicting that without a preorder, you'll have to start camping out the day before. I have a reservation, but I'm still going at 5 the day before. Ha ha

21. macrumors regular

2 things... Why not have it shipped when you pre-ordered? Why would you go the day before if you pre-ordered?

Do you enjoy it or something? I just don't get this.

22. macrumors 6502a

gusapple

I had the usual issues that many were having on the 15th and used the Apple Store App to pre-order. It doesn't allow for shipping. Also, it says in the fine print of the email from Apple that "Pre-authorization does not guarantee iPhone availability at an Apple Retail Store. iPhone is sold on a first-come, first-served basis." So why not come early?

Which brings me to the second point: I do enjoy it. Last time, some friends and I spent the whole night playing card games in line. This time, I have a few more coming to actually buy iPhones (without a reservation).

23. macrumors 6502

PorterRocks

Was this at the University Mall by chance? If so, I was in that same line. Got there about 8:00 the night before and the same thing happened to me. Ended up getting it at the Apple store after another 5 hours in line.

24. macrumors 6502

PorterRocks

I forgot to mention, I plan on being in the reservation line around 5am but may decide to get there at 3 just to hang with some of my fellow Apple fans.:apple:

Send me a PM if you want to meet up.

25. macrumors newbie

I'll be there at around 7 the night before to hopefully snag a walk in. I'm actually switching over from an Evo back to an iPhone.

This is my first time camping out at an Apple store, how crazy is it at the Gateway? Is 7 the night before enough time? I've done this once when the Xbox 360 came out. Crazy stuff.