Iphone 4 touchscreen inaccurate sometimes while typing sms

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by richardc1983, Dec 24, 2010.

1. macrumors regular

Hey everyone

THis has been happenign since I got the phone but every few days or so when I am typing a text message I will go to press a letter and it will think I am pressing the letter next to it.

I have ensured that I am pressing the right button but it still does the same and because this has happened a few times now its starting to become annoying.

My screen is clean and free from grease marks etc. ONly way to get it to become accurate again is by exiting messaging and then going back into it.

Any help greatfully received.

2. richardc1983, Jan 17, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2011

thread starter macrumors regular

3. macrumors member

My wife's has been doing that too. It is really a pain in the butt. I would like to know what is up with it too.

4. macrumors newbie

Happens to me also. Especially when I'm typing really fast. You can be more accurate by pressing it slowly or holding it down and highlighting the proper letter. But seriously, I really don't have time to do that. Sometimes the auto-corrections are off too... frustrates me when I send text. I have to waste more money to resend it.