iPhone iPhone 4 Wallpaper Thread (Some NSFW)

Discussion in 'UI Customization' started by Phat^Trance, Jun 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macrumors regular

Phat^Trance

Since the iphone 4 have been announced today i thought its time to start sharing some new iPhone 4 wallpaper here :) If you are going to share your wallpapers, make sure that the resolution is 640x960

Attached Files:

2. macrumors 6502a

3. macrumors 6502a

vizkiz

Subscribed. Will check back here upon receiving my new phone, or if any of my photos are good for a wallpaper that size.

4. macrumors member

kyleb822

anyone know any good sites that have alot of iphone 4 backgrounds that could be used on the home screen that arent very distracting? Simple backgrounds are nice

5. macrumors newbie

EddieA84

6. macrumors member

Seeing the size of these pictures, I'm beginning to realize how massive the iP4's resolution really is....

7. macrumors 6502a

Likewise.

8. macrumors 6502

rm2092

9. macrumors 6502

iPhone3GCrazed

+1... These will be exceptionally brilliant with the new screen.

10. macrumors 6502a

vizkiz

If you like cars, I have two that would suit you. I just have to find the original files to resize them correctly. They are mixed in with all my stuff from my old work computer.

Left is a GT2, right is a 2009 or 2010 911
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Note: The right one was originally in landscape orientation. I cropped it vertically and added a black bar on the bottom that blends in and grabbed some blue from the sky and made a bar at the top. It's not really noticeable because of the clock on the lockscreen. Maybe after I post the original, someone can photoshop the sky to continue so it can be used on the homescreen.

11. macrumors G3

Geckotek

Just in case you don't know, you don't have to reply to subscribe. Use the thread tools in the upper right corner.

12. macrumors 68000

lorenwade

13. thread starter macrumors regular

Phat^Trance

Guys, make sure that the wallpapers you are uploading have a resolution of 640x960!

14. macrumors 6502a

vizkiz

I stated in my post that I will have to find the original files to resize them correctly. I posted those to gauge interest.

15. macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

16. Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I don't want to sound like a troll but given how the panel fills up with icons, how useful is wallpaper anyways.

I like an uncluttered screen where I can see the images better.

[​IMG]

Am I the only one who's underwhelmed by iOS4's wallpaper ability?

Edit btw, some of those images are awesome :D

17. macrumors 65816

Andrew K.

I've been on macrumors for 2 years and I NEVER knew that! Thanks.

/D'oh

18. macrumors regular

Keep them coming! Amazing! Thanks everyone :)

On iPhone, you have the image almost completely shown in the lock screen. For the home screen, I prefer as many things possible on the first page so I don′t have to go through different screens to get to what I want to do.

19. macrumors member

So dope.

20. macrumors 65816

Andrew K.

You can still see it regardless.

Well since you're not trolling you won't mind me saying something about your home screen compared to the new iPhone 4.

Android:
    Android's design makes me cringe sometimes. Look how crowded the status bar is. The info is nice but it just looks messy.

iPhone:
    I admit it would be nice to have more statuses in the status bar but I like how simple and unobtrusive the iPhone's is.

Android:
    Does the home screen really need a giant battery icon app? How bout how "messages" is surrounded by that dark grey highlight? It's a good idea but the edges of the letters touch the edge of the highlight and makes it look unbalanced. Also the way there is a missing row of apps makes it even more unbalanced. And the apps have different shadow castings which make it look unorganized.

iPhone:
    They all have the same basic shape and look very organized. The dock is always a plus because you can get to your phone app quicker.

Anyway you can definitely see and enjoy the wallpaper on the iPhone 4, especially with it's new high resolution. We get you're point that Android has had the ability to have wallpapers in the background for awhile but there's so much wrong design-wise that doesn't make it seem all that special.

21. Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Agreed, but the recent change with iOS allows them to be on all the time and I found them to interfere with the icons, given that the panels are usually pretty much filled up.

22. macrumors regular

Here's a bigger version of what I had on my old iPhone (easy to resize when the original is 10MP!).

23. macrumors 603

I have about 300 now obsolete iPhone wallpapers.:( Guess it's back to the Interface drawing board.:eek:

24. macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

I would like to see what everyone uses behind their apps...something that looks nice and clean and not cluttered with the apps in front. :)

subscribed.

25. macrumors regular

maflynn, how come you are posting in almost every iPhone thread even if you have Android? Or you have both? I usually go to and post in the forums of things/musicians I like, that makes sense to me..

After reading your posts, it looks like you are an iPhonephobe that secretly loves iPhone :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.