iPhone 4 yellow, lines then crash - please help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Carmy, Jul 22, 2011.

1. macrumors member

I got an iPhone 4 about 3 weeks ago, so far numerous apps crash but I put this down to the apps, not the phone (ie: instagram crashes because it's too busy etc)

But recently my iPhone 4 itself has been crashing. It just happened for the third time.

Not only has it switched itself off those 3 times (in the space of a week not in one day) but a second before it does, the screen goes a yellow-ish colour and there are vertical lines all over the screen.

I have not jailbroken my phone or anything.

Do I need to complain to Apple or is this normal for it to do every so often? :(

2. thread starter macrumors member

Anyone? :confused:

3. macrumors 65816

C'mon OP. Do you really need to come here to ask strangers about that? If you think really hard I bet you can figure this one out on your own :facepalm:

4. Carmy, Jul 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2011

thread starter macrumors member

Fiend, very fitting name you chose there.

First of all, where I come from there's no such thing as a stupid question. Second of all, isn't this what forums like Macrumours are for...to ask questions, to get advice, to learn new things and peoples experience? I am relatively new to iPhones and a technophobe so I was (am) unsure of what to do and what's normal. Seeing as it only appears to happen when i'm using instagram... I wondered if there was a connection there or if anyone else had experienced such things, but thanks so much for your post though, that's really helpful.

Next time just keep your catty comments to yourself. :face palm:

5. macrumors 6502a

mtnDewFTW

6. macrumors 6502a

007bond

I'm not sure they have apple stores in Turkey(where the OP is apparently located). Your best bet would be to call apple or go to a local apple retailer to get it fixed...provided you are under warranty.