Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

togu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
Here is my problem: When I bought the phone it was jailbroken already but nowhere cydia to be found. So I did followings:
1. Tried to install cydia.deb files via ifunbox to root folder.
2. In one of the threads it suggested that I create another folder on stash or smtn and again copy/paste the cydia.deb file.
3. Reboot
4. I cry= stuck on apple logo.

After searching through the net I can't really find the way how to delete bastard_cydia.deb files in DFU/Restore mode.

Previously I had a 3G phone. At that time the recovery/restore procedures were simple (shift +restore with ipsw). But with the new A5 device seems like there are no ways to restore it to even factory ipsw.

I wanna try Emergency SSH access using a pwn'd DFU mode RamDisk method but don't know how get .dmg and the keys. The walkthrough method is not for the noob like me.
Can any1 help?

Qanbar

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2009
Hi Togu, I suggest you get a copy of stock iOS 5.0.1 downloaded on to your desktop. Quick google search will get you it.
Then put your phone in DFU mode (please search google on how to do this - but essentially just hold menu and power button while phone connected to comp)
Then when your phone shows up on iTunes go to the restore button BUT hit shift+right mouse button. Search for the stock iOS 5.0.1 and install it.
You now need to jailbreak this with absinthe or redsnow etc - please search on this as it is very easy. then restore from iCloud to get all your contacts pics etc and be still jailbroken.

Hope that helps mate. Let me know how you get on and if this post makes sense :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.