Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scyap

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2010
Could it be iOS 5 ?

My friends and I updated our iPhone 4 from 4.3.3 to iOS 5 and felt that iOS 5 drains battery a lot faster...

Not jailbroken

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
I can usually get 2 or 3 days from my android phone. Moderate use, data off.

Maybe you guys should turn off 3G when you're not using it. I have a handy little drop-down menu with toggles for things like that.

most of us can't do that anymore. :(

D4F

Sep 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Could it be iOS 5 ?

My friends and I updated our iPhone 4 from 4.3.3 to iOS 5 and felt that iOS 5 drains battery a lot faster...

Not jailbroken

I used iOS 5 (on iPad 2 and iP4) since first beta and had no issues in that matter.

You guys need to remember that probably quite a few folks play with Siri now and Siri needs data to work.

Other than that hard to tell but my guts tell me battery is same as it was on iP4 while 4s needs more power to function. If I'm right then apple is literally milking the fanboy cow to the limit.

Chrisbkreme

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2011
It probably has the same battery as the 4, and it takes more juice to power the CPU. People are also probably using siri quite a bit, which takes a lot of battery.

840quadra

Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
I used iOS 5 (on iPad 2 and iP4) since first beta and had no issues in that matter.

You guys need to remember that probably quite a few folks play with Siri now and Siri needs data to work.

Other than that hard to tell but my guts tell me battery is same as it was on iP4 while 4s needs more power to function. If I'm right then apple is literally milking the fanboy cow to the limit.

Your guts are close, but still wrong.

The data on the actual battery is easy to obtain. Looks similar, but has a slightly higher capacity providing a .05 WHrs over the 4.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.