Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
Hey all
After thinking about it. Looking at getting the iPhone 5 currently an iPhone 4S owner. Those who went for iPhone 5 from 4s any regrets? Bare in mind my apple won't support LTE for the iPhone 5 on my carrier any regrets of changing?

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
Hey all
After thinking about it. Looking at getting the iPhone 5 currently an iPhone 4S owner. Those who went for iPhone 5 from 4s any regrets? Bare in mind my apple won't support LTE for the iPhone 5 on my carrier any regrets of changing?

After using my iPhone 5 for a number of weeks, and experiencing the very poor Apple Maps, disappointing battery life, and various other bugs, I returned it for another. The replacement had slightly better battery life, but all in all there's little to make it feel like an upgrade.

Finally I decided to shelve it and go back to my wonderful, fast & fun iPhone 4S with it's terrific Google Maps, and bug free operation.

Like they say you don't realize what you have till you lose it.

iPhone 4S is Apples finest to date in my personal experience.

iPhone 5 with it's narrow elongated display, is but a placeholder while Apple decides how to respond to Samsungs highly successful Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, and other fine choices that are now in high demand.

I'd like to think that Apple will create an exciting innovative new iPhone. But if recent trends of the last year are an indicator, it's not looking good.

It appears that Apple has chosen the low road, resorting to launching a flurry of legal assaults in an attempt to stop Samsung from selling their great products. An unfortunate & rather desperate move on Apple's part.

The company that was once at the forefront of innovation and creativity , now battling in court instead of competing in the market place. Resting on their past laurels and running on massive sales to people who will blindly buy anything Apple, I'd sure like to see them get back to competing fairly.

Apple can do it the right way, I _know_ they can. But as long as they are reaping massive profits from the "cool" image they have, there's no incentive for them to make the effort.

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
Hey thanks
ixodes, macdawg, and macman for your inputs. The screen size does look better and it seems lighter too, however how sturdy is it to hold and feel compared to iphone 4s. any accidental slips of the handset compared to the 4s?

The situation with me is that I can upgrade in december 2012. I can either keep my handset and pay £5 less a month for my calling plan, or I can pay the same I am paying right now and get the iphone 5. Plus I have seen the thumbs advert and its nice how I can still controll the screen with one hand etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.