iPhone 4S Successfully unlocked but says No Service

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by firstsamurai02, Nov 9, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Hello Every one

i am new with IPHONE, i just got one IPHONE 4S ISO 6.0 from online Sale, phone carrier Verizon US. i would like to use this phone in Canada on FIDO network. first i tried to get Factory unlock but no luck. then i tried GEVEY Ultra S. i am able to successfuly unlock it and able to send call and received call , but on top let its says NO Service. can anybody help me how to fix it. and second issue i am still getting TXT msg from old user, how i can fix these issue

Thanks

2. macrumors member

TouchArchive

FiDO work on GSM Service?

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

4. macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

There are two types of Gevey Ultra S turbo sims. GSM and CDMA. The GSM gevey according to AppleNBerry's site unlocks iOS 6. The one you would need is a CDMA Gevey, which doesn't unlock iOS 6.

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

so it mean i have to go back to ver 5.

6. macrumors Nehalem

Applejuiced

No.
    Even if you wanted you cannot downgrade a 4S to iOS 5 any more now that your on 6.0

7. thread starter macrumors newbie

so any idea what i should do . and second why i am still getting other user TXT msg even there is no SIM card in there

8. macrumors Nehalem

Applejuiced

It's prob iMessages.
    I'd restore it.

9. thread starter macrumors newbie

i fixed this issue.
    can i create apple ID without Cradit Card?

10. macrumors Nehalem

Applejuiced

You can use an itunes gift card or any other major credit or debit card.
    Without that you cannot open a new itunes login.

11. macrumors 68040

Actually it is possible to create an AppleID without a credit card. Follow this article. However, if you created an AppleID say through MobileMe or iCloud, you will have to provide some type of billing information to use the same account with iTunes.

12. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Very much for your input, Actually i am able to make Apple ID without Cradit Card, i just have to select "NONE" on Credit Card Information page and fill all other Information like my name and address.

NOW Next Question
    HOW I CAN ACTIVATE MY IPHONE 4S with ITUNES or ANY OTHER WAY TO ACTIVATE MY IPHONE.

13. thread starter macrumors newbie

can any body help to fix this issue, i am able to call, receive call, send and receive msg, can do facetime but on top left its says NO SERVICE

any can help? whould i need to do

i am using 4S IOS 6 Gevey Ultra S (this phone was locked to Vorizen)

14. macrumors Nehalem

Applejuiced

Its probably because of the gevey unlock.
    Leave it alone, if everything else works get over it.
    With a hardware unlock hack you cant expect everything to work perfect, the only thing that doesnt is carrier name display and signal bar.

15. firstsamurai02, Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012

thread starter macrumors newbie

i just notes i was able to TXT through my apple ID not through my Service Provider, i don't have data plan, so when i am not connected with WIFI i am not able to send or receive TxT msg. at start up it try to activate phone and say it may take some time, but never activate, so i was thinking may be there is some way to activate or bypass activation without any issue ? may fix NO SERVERICE Issue

16. thread starter macrumors newbie

17. macrumors newbie

The same problem

Hi there,
    I have the same issue with my iPhone 4S locked by Verizon. But my OS is 5.0.1, and I have GEVEY which should work with GSM and CDMA. With it I am able to make and receive calls and receive SMS. I can't send messages... And I see NO SERVICE in the upper left corner.
    Also installed FuriousMod, but nothing changed.
    Will appreciate any help. Thanks