iPhone 4S Usage and Standby Time the Same.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hopsdaballa04, Oct 16, 2011.

1. macrumors regular

I noticed last night that the standby and usage time were the same. Is anyone else having this issue? I have tried a hard reset to no avail. I haven't restored the phone yet to see if that will work. Just wanted to see if anyone else was having the same issue?

2. thread starter macrumors regular

If only I would have put something about a cheating spouse in the title. Then I would see some action in this thread. LOL

3. thread starter macrumors regular

Did a good ol' restore and all is fine now.

4. macrumors newbie

PantalonesSucia

Sorry, can you elaborate what your issue was? Your battery was draining quickly even during stand by?

I have the 4S and I see my battery plummeting with usage time. Standby seems to be fine, dropping 3-5% overnight.

I'm trying to see if this is an issue everyone is experiencing or just me? Sounds like some people are getting good battery life, others not so much.

Thanks.

5. macrumors newbie

I have been occasionally experiencing this issue as well. My battery drains noticeably quicker when this happens.

When I charge it back to 100%, the counter corrects itself.

6. macrumors 6502

tarasis

There does seem to be a bug here but I find the closing all the Apps isn't enough to get the usage / standby times to be independant. For me once this bug is triggered the only way to clear it is swap the phone to Airplane mode and reboot it.

7. macrumors newbie

Sorry, I hadn't seen this post until now. Have the iPhone 4s, haven't found any reason for this to be happening but my phone is doing the same thing! Standby=Usage and I've been running my phone in airplane mode all day. Started the day at 100, at 60 by the end of the day with usage and standby times at around 21 hrs each. Is the only solution restoring the phone??

8. macrumors regular

ICON5o2

9. macrumors regular

ICON5o2

I also might add that the only thing I back up to iCloud is my calendar. I also went into setting and switched it to manual also. I can tell u this has made a big improvement on battery life for me.