Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

C3S624

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 9, 2011
I want to buy a new phone, cannot decide which one is better, iphone 4s and Galaxy SII, someone can give suggestions??:confused:

Fubar1977

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2010
North Yorkshire, UK
Try them both, there are literally dozens of comparison reviews for these 2 phones.
A quick google should find plenty, Ive read several already. (got the 4S :cool:)

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
I won't get into details cause last time I did I was almost killed but based on my experience with Samsung and the Galaxy S (orig.) I won't be getting another Samsung phone for quite some time.

Do yourself a favor and get the iPhone.

kevinof

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2008
Dublin/London
Ok you've asked the question on an Iphone forum. Now go and ask the same question on a Samsung GSII forum and compare the results!

I want to buy a new phone, cannot decide which one is better, iphone 4s and Galaxy SII, someone can give suggestions??:confused:

wrinkster22

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2011
Toronto
this is an apple forum
everyone is going to tell you the best phone- the iPhone :eek:
Display:
iPhone-sharper
GS2-Larger
Battery
iphone
apps
debatable (iphone)
UI
iOS (debatable)

THis is all pretty subjective

M Quick

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2011
Stockholm, Sweden
Get whatever you like best yourself.

But if i'd choose for you, of course the iPhone, but it's better if you choose the phone you feel is the best, that one will be the best phone for You, no matter what we or "they" say.

I'm sure that on the samsung forum everyone will say get the samsung and nothing like "get what you like best yourself" :)

A friend of mine has a SGSII and he's OK with it, but he tells me he's annoyed that it doesn't work good when it's cold outside from 5C celsius and down, which isn't that cold. He says the touch isn't working like it should, either he has a bad phone or that's just the way it is with the samsung "tech".
If that is the case, i would never get one of those, how hard it would be a winter time answering calls outside, lol..

chakraj

macrumors 65816
Feb 6, 2008
So Cal
I went and looked at the GS2 in ATT yesterday and the screen was way to blue. I dint think I would notice it but it was really blue not just a little.

baller1308

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2009
I would at least consider the Galaxy Nexus even though it might not even be released in the US this year with all the delays. It also depends if you want to stick with a certain carrier since we don't know who you currently are using.

Dmunjal

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2010
If you're leaning to the GS2 and you have unlimited data, look at the GS2 Skyrocket with LTE. AT&T just turned on LTE in NYC, LA, and SF this week. Blindlingly fast! Sub 100ms pings and 15-30 Mbps downloads make it feel just like WiFi.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I find it really bizarre that people would ask such a question dedicated to one of the two brands. In fact it amuses me every time someone does.

x986

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2008
NorCal
If you're leaning to the GS2 and you have unlimited data, look at the GS2 Skyrocket with LTE. AT&T just turned on LTE in NYC, LA, and SF this week. Blindlingly fast! Sub 100ms pings and 15-30 Mbps downloads make it feel just like WiFi.

Are you sure about SF? This is the first I have heard. I'm in the North Bay where Verizon has LTE, but so far AT&T doesn't. Obviously The City gets it first, then Silly Valley prob. next.

Back to the topic. I am test driving a Skyrocket now. I like the phone a lot. I have been using 35-40% of the battery each day with probably what most people would consider light duty. Andy's OS is not intuitive after two iPhones. The market is not a really safe place to wander around; you can't just download things & know they'll be safe like using iTunes.

anshuman26

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2010
i have used both the iPhone 4S and samsung galaxy s2

my personal opinion:
-sg2 has a better screen
-iphone has a better user interface
-sg2 (or rather android) is king of customization...if you really want to customize, go for android....
-sg2 daytime camera shots are better...iphone's night time shots are better...

naths

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2009
Bristol.UK
depends on your choice...each one is great in their own way,SGS2,extremely light and thin,very durable,great screen and android customisation,iPhone 4S,heavier,brick like design,still looks great though,not very durable,great OS and easy to use....if you need a phone that just works but is very locked down,go for the iPhone,if you want a bigger screen,customisation,but a lot more hard work to set up and running just as you want go for the Samsung,although i'd wait for the SGS3,then there is no choice....

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
ive been pondering the same kind of issue. The moto razer vs the iphone. razer now has android ice cream sandwich. plus has a way bigger screen and 4g. the razor also appeals to me because of how indestructible it is. The issue is im afraid i will regret not getting the iphone and not be able to change because i used my upgrade option. im going to wait until after christmas anyway so hopefully be sorted out by then. good luck with your choice.

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
ive been pondering the same kind of issue. The moto razer vs the iphone. razer now has android ice cream sandwich. plus has a way bigger screen and 4g. the razor also appeals to me because of how indestructible it is. The issue is im afraid i will regret not getting the iphone and not be able to change because i used my upgrade option. im going to wait until after christmas anyway so hopefully be sorted out by then. good luck with your choice.

After christmas? By then the Razr will be obsolete!!!

Dmunjal

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2010
Are you sure about SF? This is the first I have heard. I'm in the North Bay where Verizon has LTE, but so far AT&T doesn't. Obviously The City gets it first, then Silly Valley prob. next.

Back to the topic. I am test driving a Skyrocket now. I like the phone a lot. I have been using 35-40% of the battery each day with probably what most people would consider light duty. Andy's OS is not intuitive after two iPhones. The market is not a really safe place to wander around; you can't just download things & know they'll be safe like using iTunes.

Here's what I got on my SkyRocket in my car driving up the 680 near Fremont today.

Attachments

• SC20111209-132752.png
    SC20111209-132752.png
    240.6 KB · Views: 83

C3S624

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 9, 2011
i have used both the iPhone 4S and samsung galaxy s2

my personal opinion:
-sg2 has a better screen
-iphone has a better user interface
-sg2 (or rather android) is king of customization...if you really want to customize, go for android....
Thanks for your experience!!:)

----------

Wait for the Galaxy S3... It should only be 2 months away.

Really?:confused::confused::confused::confused:

ElCidRo

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2010

Its all pretty debatable - except this.

iPhone 4S takes better photos during the night AND DAY! The SG2 shots are way oversaturated and the camera is about 4 times slower.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.