Iphone 4s wifi issues, possibly related to water damage

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by svvaden, Jan 4, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

I'm new to the forums but I pretty much know how it works. I just have some questions about my phone not working properly.

Background info on the phone: I bought it the day they came out, and until last week I had no problems with it. It was completely submerged in water for a few seconds. I dried it off and took off the backplate, I couldnt see any water on the inside of the phone. for the first few hours, the volume buttons were inconsistent and adjusted itself without me pressing anything.

after a few hours, everything was back to normal... until a few days ago. My phone's wifi section just says "No wifi" I looked around, and apparently its a somewhat common problem and those who brought their phones is got them replaced. However, I'm unsure as to whether or not this problem is actually caused by water damage, or even if it really isn't, if I will be eligible for a replacement phone.

Both sensors were tripped, and I actually painted the top sticker white again, but the bottom is actually inside the device. I dont know if I can remove the backplate and access it, or if it will even matter. I just thought I'd get some second opinions on the situation