Iphone 4s won't shut off

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by timatual, Apr 17, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

I have an Iphone 4s that does not shut off if its not being charged. If I select power off, it goes through the shut down, screen blanks for about 2 seconds, then turns right back on. No problems shutting it down with it being charged though. Any ideas? Thanks

2. macrumors newbie

EXACT same thing here. Started last week and it seems my battery which has been perfect for five months has, at the same time, been extremely poor. Lost 80% of my battery from 9am til 2pm and all I'd done was a bit of browsing.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

the exact same thing with my battery too. Did you get any suggestions from anybody whats going on

4. macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

you hold down the power/home button for 30 seconds??

do a restore/throw at wall/hit with hammer

5. macrumors newbie

RMC Tech

Hey guys,

I've seen this happen a couple times. My company deals with iPhones. The solution has always been taking it back to Apple, and some sort of software/motherboard problem. Only they can fix it (which will not be a fix, but rather a new or refurbed phone).

Now, granted, I could be wrong, and it could be some app going crazy or some piece of hardware preventing shutdown. But I'd say Apple needs to see that phone. Hope that helps!

6. macrumors newbie

Yeah, done soft reset, software update, restore, etc. Apple Store have said give it two weeks then book another appointment. He pretty much said if it's still the same, he'll have to change the phone. Go and book in an appt.

7. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the help. Tried a full factory restore and no help. Have a Genius appt sunday at 2. Will they be able to determine what needs done (new phone) at this appt. or will I have to go back more than once. It's over an hour drive from my house to nearest apple store so I'm hoping this is a one time trip.
    Thanks for your responses

8. macrumors 6502a

Ecoh

My iPod Nano was doing the exact same thing. It turned out to be dirt in the charging port. :confused:

The genius blew it out with some air and it went back to normal behavior. It must be a common problem because that is the first place he looked.

9. macrumors 68020

sviato

That weird, my battery has been poorer since last week too. It dies in the early afternoon and I haven't been on my phone as much due to studying so something else is killing it

10. macrumors newbie

Just to let everyone know i had this problem and i changed the charging connector and the phone powered off and worked fine after this.

11. macrumors 6502a