iPhone 5, Apple Store Watford - Plenty of Stock after launch day

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by rmwebs, Sep 22, 2012.

1. macrumors 68040

Apr 6, 2007
    Went into the new Apple Store in watford this morning and was turned away. Phoned back up at lunchtime and was told they had 'plenty'.

Went down there, picked up a white 16gig on the awesome 'Three' plan.

The shop wasn't really all that busy. From walking in to getting served was around 2 minutes. Faultless! They even asked if I wanted to quickly open the box to make sure it didnt have any defects.

The store member said they had about 15 palets of them brought in about an hour before I got there! :eek:

Looks like the 'limited supply' was a hype builder!
  2. macrumors member

Sep 22, 2012
    Just called this store now at 11am, they have 0 stock on unlocked versions.

The girl on the phone was a right ****. Every question I asked politely the only response I got was "I can't say!"
  3. macrumors 68000

Oct 19, 2009
    Looks more like the store member was pulling your leg, a number of posters here and on another forum have said they all tried the Watford store over the weekend for sim free unlocked stock and were turned away due to it being out of stock.
  4. thread starter macrumors 68040

Apr 6, 2007
    Sounds a bit like the person I spoke to on Friday afternoon, she was a right moody cow.

Me: "Could you tell me if you expect to get any iPhones in stock tomorrow"

Her: "Dont know."

Me: "Oh ok, any idea what my chances are of getting one if I come in tomorrow then".

Her: "No idea, we're busy so is there anything else you want."

I put the phone down on her...I know its busy but the miserable attitude wasn't needed.

Quite possibly, however contract wise they were selling loads of them when I was in the shop. Didnt seem to have any problem with stock at all.

Given that all of the iPhones arent carrier locked, you'll probably find they are limiting a certain percentage of the stock to contract only.