iPhone 5 battery drain??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zach3294, Apr 23, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Here are two screen shots of different days of using my iPhone 5. I don't understand what is going on?? I have to carry my charger around with me wherever I go because the battery goes dead so fast some days. I have done all the normal "battery saving techniques" and my brightness is always in the middle. Can someone suggest something to help me, or should I bring my phone to an apple store and have it checked out?

Attached Files:

2. macrumors 68030

dictoresno

was one of these screenshots while you were still on 6.1.2 and the other on 6.1.3?

if not, it all depends on use. 1 hr 45 mins of texting does not equal 1 hr 45 mins of youtube streaming. two totally different kinds of use, that use two totally different amounts of battery life.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

No, both screenshots were on 6.1.3

Also, I understand what you're saying about the usage differences but, the type of usage shouldn't have differed to that much of an extent, not 30% at least. I recall what I used my phone for each of these days, and there wasn't a substantial amount of time devoted to streaming more than the other

4. EZB
    macrumors newbie

How is the signal? If the signal comes in and out a lot, the battery will drain FAST.

5. macrumors 6502

Bugeyeblue

Do you use spotify? That app murders the iPhone 5 battery. I unsubscribed from the paid service and deleted the app due to the drain. It's a common problem.

If you don't use that app, I would restore as new and just load up the apps you need daily. Add one per day after that and see how it goes.

6. macrumors 65816

decafjava

I don't have spotify but streaming radio of any kind kills my battery. Tunein radio does the same to me-too bad as it's a great app. Then again I have an external battery (Just Mobile Gum) and at work it's no problem to plug in-but for sure the default music app sips very little battery power in comparison.

7. macrumors 601

cambookpro

I, too, am experiencing short battery life. The reason the time on standby is high is because it charged overnight and obviously reached 100% before morning. It's not a short as the OP's, but much less than the 9 or 10 hours I used to get.

All I did today was a bit of 3G browsing for 30 mins, watched 15 mins of video on 50% brightness and played about 20 mins of Fish Out Of Water and Stick Golf.

Seems to be unusually low?

Attached Files:

8. macrumors 6502

Trust me, its the software. Ive had battery drain since 6.1.2, but its gotten worse with 6.1.3. Way back when, I would get 7-8 hours of usage from my iPhone. My usage patters havent changed at all, and I only get 3-4 hours now. Hopefully 6.1.4 comes, and FAST!