iPhone 5 battery life less than stellar

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SR71, Feb 19, 2013.

1. macrumors 65816

Okay, so over the course of the past few months, my battery life has slowly gotten worse and worse. I jailbroke it a few weeks back when evasi0n was released and have downloaded a few tweaks, nothing major. My battery life is continuing to get worse (it was getting worse even before the jailbreak, so I know the JB isn't the problem). So my next step would be to restore, right? Well, there's a bit of an issue... I have a lot of apps that I would HATE to have to manually reinstall and then organize into the folders that I currently have them in, rejailbreak and have to remember what tweaks I had enabled and how they were setup... it'd be a long process.

So, I have some questions. When I restore, can I restore from an iCloud backup or does it need to be a full restore, no backups, nothing? What would be the best way to go about with restoring my phone so that I don't lose my folder configurations, all my apps, music, pictures, etc.?

Thanks!

2. thread starter macrumors 65816

Anyone have any suggestions?

3. macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

What do you call "less than stellar"? Do you get thru a full day on a charge? Plug in every nite and start the day with a full charge. If that doesn't work for you, then you do have a problem. On a full charge, my iP5 will go sometimes for 36+ hours and sometimes for almost 3 days, depending on what I've been doing. I try to charge when it gets less than 40%.

4. thread starter macrumors 65816

When I first got my iPhone back on release day it was getting an easy 7+ hours of usage, today I had 2.5 hours of usage and it was already down to 30% from a full 100% charge. My usage patterns have not changed and in the time I've had my iPhone 5 I've probably downloaded about 15-20 new apps, although I did delete about 48 old apps just last night.

5. macrumors 6502

g0odfr1end102

Yup, my battery is also starting to drain faster and faster (I would say it holds up for 6-7hours with only with very light usage). I really wonder if the Jailbreak has caused this... :(