iPhone 5: Birmingham Bull Ring

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by randystand, Sep 6, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

Bit early this but what the heck. Reckon it will be Friday 21st September but whatever date it is, who's planning on queueing at the Birmingham Apple Store? Now i've only ever done a 5pm iPad launch so not sure how it gets for the iPhone morning launch.

I was thinking of getting there about 3:30am ish... how's the queues at that point?

Cheers guys!

2. macrumors G3

Apple fanboy

I was at the bullring for the 4 launch. Got there around 5:30 and was about 50th in line. Then I noticed a much shorter line for people who had reserved. Was about 7th then. Hopefuly they will do the same this time around. I'm thinking of getting it delivered though, but haven't fully made up my mind.

3. macrumors 6502a

Thinking about queueing here or at Touchwood .. Not sure which is best.
    Anyone have an ideas on how many units they tend to have?
    Thought about getting there around 6am?

4. macrumors newbie

I'm going to queue up too, would be interesting to know how much stock they hold as I don't wanna go for nothing! lol I'll probs get there for 4am, have a few drinks around midnight and then go to the store, lol anyone fancy a queue buddy?

5. macrumors 6502a

4am is a bit keen I reckon. Do you think you have no chance of getting one if you start queuing at 6am?

6. macrumors newbie

I guess so, if you type in iPhone 4s launch bullring into YouTube, the queue was huge at 5:30 lol went all the way round past the addidas shop lol and I'm sure there's going to be more interest in the phone this time around!

7. macrumors newbie

im thinking of getting there at 5.30am when edgebaston car park opens :) bring it on!

8. macrumors newbie

Eff that, park on Pershore Street, £3 all day parking lol about a 5 min walk away

----------

Plus it's open 24 hours and it's pay and display ;)

9. minicoopers04, Sep 18, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2012

macrumors newbie

ahh i just searched near car parks to bullring and that came up! what time you aim at getting there?

10. macrumors regular

11. macrumors 6502

LMAO...I thought you guys were talking about Birmingham Alabama...I was like,WTH is the bullring....then I used google:D

12. macrumors 65816

d123

LOL

No, they are all in the real Birmingham ;).

13. macrumors newbie

Lol the bullring is the weird building that looks like bubblewrap. I haven't decided, probs half 4ish, if I can motivate myself, just hope to god I don't need a piss before they open.

----------

Mon-Sun * 24 hours
    £0.70 / 1 hour
    £2.00 / 4 hours
    £3.00 / 24 hours

14. macrumors 6502a

Lol!

Thanks for that, I was actually going to park on the Moat Lane car park, but thats £5.50 for 24hrs.

Still unsure of what time to get there for. I'm going to around 5:30am I think.

:)

15. macrumors newbie

Read one of the other posts on Macrumours about meeting in the bullring, some guy is getting there for 00:30, now that it keen! Mind you, he also believed someone when they told him you have to pay for the iPhone in euros...

----------

If I was being honest, based on last year, that's too late for me, I'd rather get there early and be able to leave at 8:30/9:00 then get there later and end up queuing till 10:00/11:00. And then I gotta go queue at friggin orange for a nano sim. As they 'can't take preorders on sim cards'.

16. macrumors newbie

Bullring queue

any one have an update on the size of the queue currently just remember last year people had tents set up so i guess theres people who have alredy started i plan to head up around 10pm as i have nothing to do later today and have holiday on friday!

if you see me in a grey beenie hat i can let you slip in to the queue ;)

17. macrumors newbie

10? Bloody hell lol let me know how many people are there when you get there if you can lol

18. macrumors newbie

I'd be interested in this too :O how many do you think they will have? I was thinking of going up about now so do you think I'd end up getting one? I'll be the guy with the black lions mane LOL :D

19. macrumors 6502a

If you went up now and didn't get one, then its going to snow for a month as of tomorrow.

Get there about 5am and I'd say you'd be pretty guaranteed to get one.

As someone else said, 2M preorders compared to 700k 4S, thats a LOT of people not queuing.

Best of luck all you guys!

:D

20. macrumors newbie

do you think they will be sold out at about 4ish? if not do you think there will be a huge queue at that time? i have never heard of them selling out but you never know lol..... i would line up now but i cant miss school tomorrow, my mom would kill me :/ first time i am buying an iphone (finally :p ) so i dont know what it's like on first day :/

21. macrumors member

ABOUT 30 PEOPLE ALREADY IN THE QUEUE! Also including myself :)

22. macrumors newbie

LOL

Any thoughts how many they might have in stock for those without pre order? I remember being one of the first out for the 4 and the que for the bullring apple store was right out the door.

23. macrumors newbie

I'm sure they will have plenty of phones availible, if you get there before 7am I'd say you will get one, either way you are going to have to wait a long time!

I'm getting there for about 5am

24. macrumors member

25. macrumors newbie