iPhone 5 black and white are different

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tbdbuckeyeitl, Dec 9, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

I am sure I am OCD but I bought a black 32 iPhone 5 and a white 16 iPhone 5. If I set brightness the same the screen color is different. Also if I go to settings brightness wall paper the wall paper box is bigger on the black than white. Can anyone compare thae two phones.

2. macrumors 6502a

Prime85

Well the screens come from more then one company, some from sharp others from, I have no idea. As for the box being different sizes, that might just be the bezel playing tricks on you.

3. thread starter macrumors regular

The brightness and wallpaper box the one I am referring to is the box with the two different iPhone screens wallpaper. The black and white I e are different in size and there is more screen at the bottom on one. Why would this be different. Can anyone compare this go to settings brightness and wallpaper. Thank you

4. macrumors 68000

vastoholic

Simple, take a screen shot of both and then compare side by side in am image editing program.

5. thread starter macrumors regular

6. macrumors member

this. post screenshots here

7. thread starter macrumors regular

I think I figured it out. The black has

----------

I think I figured it out. The black has Puctures on it from iTunes sync. The white has none. It's ashame I can't enjoy my phone Worrying and trying to do d something Wrong with it.

8. macrumors 68020

Wat

9. macrumors 68040

I have no idea what this post means… what?

10. thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry. On the black phone I have added pictures. On the white there is none added. This is why the box is bigger and smaller on one.

11. macrumors 68000

vastoholic

I'm still confused. This shouldn't change the size. Please post a screen shot so we know what you're talking about.

12. macrumors 6502

unknownbeing

[​IMG]
    But seriously, post screenshots.

13. macrumors 65816

lunaoso

Lol I actually laughed at that one. That pretty much sums up my thoughts exactly. :D

14. thread starter macrumors regular

Go to settings brightness wallpaper. Look at the box with the two iPhone screens on it. The box is bigger on my black and smaller on the white. I thought this could be because I have pictures on the black phone. Ot the white.

15. macrumors regular

That makes no sense whatsoever. Why would the amount of content on your phone change the size of a completely unrelated UI element?

16. macrumors 68020

Kissaragi

Theres a simple solution. Decide if you like white or black, return the other one and just use the damn phone.

17. macrumors 6502

Salukipilot4590

What do you mean "You people?"