iphone 5 black/white scratches? Otterbox Commuter Good?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by duhyes, Dec 12, 2012.

1. macrumors member

So I wanted the black until i heard when u buy the iphone 5 some of the phones when u buy it and u got out of the box are chipped, ?? are all the phones like that and can you return it for free to get another black iphone 5 and another one if that second black is still chipped.

Does the otterbox commuter series scratch the iphone 5 and is the screen protector that u get with the otterbox good ?

cause i keep switching sides from black to white....
    i like black better cause of the color but i want to get white becuase i heard black gets chipped when u buy out of the box

2. macrumors regular

I've had a scratch free / chip free black iP5 since launch day (it currently remains this way). The case I have used the most is the OB Commuter. The case has not caused any damage to the phone's finish.

I haven't used the screen shield that shipped with the OB. I've used a Zagg HD and currently use a Spigen SGP screen shield that shipped with a Spigen Neo Hybrid EX Slim.

3. thread starter macrumors member

so u used the OB commuter with a zagg HD?(will it cause any problems)
    is the OB screen protector any good at all?(will it scratch/scuff my screen?)

4. macrumors member

I'm not sure about the commuter, but I used a defender on my iPhone 4 with no problems, and I'm currently using a defender on my iPhone 5 and it hasn't scratched it.

5. thread starter macrumors member

is the screen protector good?(the one that comes with the commuter)

6. macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 5/5s with the otterbox commuter and the hole for the apple logo scratched the aluminium back im the shape of a circle the size of the hole in the plastic shell:(
    I brought it back to my local apple retailer but they woudnt exchange it because it wasnt a hardware problem or some other bulls--t.