Iphone 5 Buford, Ga

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by bosco500, Sep 17, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

I spoke with Mall Security and they said they don't allow people to line up until 6am, letting them in at 8am. Does this sound right? I find it hard to believe they have security running around in the middle of the night. Anyone?

2. macrumors 6502

pyrodex

I was there last year for 4s and originally I lined up at the Dick's upper entrance and was moved an hour later stating this was the wrong entrance. I was directed to the other side and when I got there was told to hang out in HHGregg parking lot. There was a group of campers there and they were doing an honor number system for who arrived first and at what time. The mall allowed us to get in the their parking lot and the door around 5-530. Then the mall opened up the doors and let the people inside in front of the apple store around 7-730.

This year I'm getting their a little earlier than last year, 4AM, and will try to park a chair by the door and then hang out as long as I can before kicked out of the parking lot.

3. macrumors 6502

which door? dick's or hhgregg?

4. macrumors 6502

pyrodex

I got to the Dick's door but was redirected to the entrance across from HHGregg. This is the entrance that if you walk in and go up the flight of stairs you will see the apple store on your right.

5. macrumors 6502

Thanks. Im not too familiar with that side i always go in through the Nordstrom side. I might have to go scope it out tomorrow.

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

I called Mall Security today. They said Door "4" at Belk was the door that would be opened early. The guy said they would open the door at 8am.

See you guys around 6 :)

7. macrumors 6502

pyrodex

I think that is the door we went in last year... I plan to drive by after work on Thursday to scope out the situation. I have a feeling people camping out will be kicked out of the parking lot into another one such as HHGregg and then will be allowed to go over by a specific time to wait in line until they open the doors.

8. macrumors 6502

please let me know after scoping it out thanks

9. thread starter macrumors newbie

Any news? I plan on being there about 6am

10. macrumors 6502

pyrodex

I drove by at 5-6PM today and no one was near the Door 4, I am leaving in a bit myself to get there around 1AM.

11. macrumors 6502

BulletToothTony

what's the latest at this mall?

i'm heading out soon but not sure if i should go to the verizon store (transferring from att) or go to the apple store

12. macrumors 6502

BulletToothTony

Well I decided to come to the Mall of GA and as of 6am there is almost 100 people, not too bad comparing it to 2 years ago at the north point mall where there was around 400 people by 6am

13. macrumors newbie

14. macrumors 6502a

Yes, think they will be there around lunch time?