iPhone 5 Camera Lens Problem...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by morty192, Jan 10, 2013.

1. macrumors regular

Hello all,

Yesterday I noticed unusual clouds on the my iPhone 5's photos, I tried to clean the camera with a screen cleaning solution and micro fibre cloth but this hasn't helped at all. Please see attached photos for example of what I'm referring to. It appears as 3 small black dots that are present in photos and certainly are not just natural shadow.

Is there any way to fix this problem? I have had the phone since it's release at the end of September, I'm thinking of making an appointment with a genius, will I have to pay for a new camera?

Yours

morty192

Attached Files:

2. macrumors member

No you will not have to pay for a new camera. They will swap your iPhone with a refurbished one that works and looks like new. You have dust in your camera sensor which can NOT be fixed by you. This happens to DSLR all the time, but their sensors can be accessed for cleaning.

3. macrumors regular

iKIKO

All my photos on my iphone 5 get this stain. I hava tried clean the lens on the back and i cant see nothing behind the glass. What do you think it could be?

[​IMG]

4. macrumors 68000

vastoholic

That's a batmobile. Seriously, research your cars before you buy a big ticket item like that :p

Ok, sorry after the initial shock/amazement of what you were taking a picture of, I've seen that issue a few times on these forums. I think the experts here said it was a bad sensor. Not dust, but an actual physical problem on the sensor. That should be replaceable under the standard warranty for manufacturer defect.

5. macrumors 65816

Oppressed

I had the EXACT same issue and I took it in and got it replaced no questions asked. You can see it below above the balloon and to the left a bit.

Attached Files:

6. macrumors 603

Tyler23

As the other guy said, sensor problem.

But to the important stuff, where did you get the batmobile?????

7. macrumors 68000

vastoholic

Inquiring nerd minds must know the answer!! I'm hoping is a really well done scale model and not a life size version sitting in his garage. Otherwise, I will be messaging him to see if I can borrow it.

8. macrumors member

This is a very good example of debris on the sensor. A lot of people take pictures of a blue sky or a very white plain background to check for this on DSLR.

The stain however, doesn't look like dust. You should replace the phone none the less.

9. macrumors regular

iKIKO

It is actually the real batmobile. Its in warner studios in burbank usa. My last vacations

10. macrumors member

I had the same problem a month into owning my launch-day IP5 and Apple replaced my phone no questions asked.

[​IMG]

See the spec just to the right of the TV.

11. macrumors 68020

AppleFanatic10

Had a friend who was having the same issue. He went to the Apple store and they swapped him out a new one.

12. macrumors newbie

And what should you bring to the apple store to get your iphone replaced? And... Thet give you a brand new one?

13. macrumors newbie

I noticed a dark spot on my iPhone 5 photos. Do I need to make an appt with Apple or just walk in?

Attached Files:

14. macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Making an appointment will be the wiser decision. Otherwise you're going to have to wait and see if they have an opening to squeeze you in with a genius.

15. macrumors member

Definitely make an appointment before going in. I just had my iPhone 5 replaced with the same issue. The genius even told me that my power button wasn't working correctly and I hadn't noticed that. Shows how often I switch it off and on. lol

16. macrumors newbie

17. macrumors newbie

I have this weird u shape line on my pictures.

Anyone know how to fix it? Phone is out of warranty. I don't notice any scratches on the external lens so I wonder if this is sensor or not.

Attached Files:

18. macrumors 603

Max(IT)

It's not a scratch, but dust .... If you are out of warranty, well ....

19. macrumors newbie

this app can fix

It may be a little bit late, but this app fixes exactly this kind of flaws:
    https://itunes.apple.com/app/flawfix!/id884758067?ls=1&mt=8

20. macrumors newbie

i recently discover same thing happen to my iphone 5 (strain). It must be the sensor itself because i did clean camera lens and internal window, but the strain still there..

I would like to keep my iphone 5 and want the camera works the way it should.

Does anyone here replace the camera and the strain go away? if yes where to get new camera?

Thanks,

21. macrumors newbie

I have the same problem and it's put of warranty
    What should I do?

Attached Files: