iPhone 5 charging time / battery

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jarson, Sep 21, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

Jarson

Those who have played with their iPhones, did you notice that charging time is slightly shorter than on a previous iPhones? Well, before I had an iP4 so this is actually the only one I can refer to, but anyways I'm curious if the battery will last at least for the whole day with a regular 3g usage.

2. macrumors member

this is my first iphone(iphone 5) I did a full charge right after I got it and it took probably 2-3 hours then I did it a half charge which took 1.5 hours. I just let it drain and charged it so far its at 60% only after 1hr to 1.5hr not sure if that is a good thing.

3. macrumors member

it takes me 5 hours to charge my iphone 5. not pleased.

4. macrumors 6502a

sagar4995

i agree. the charging time for my i5 is shorter than my i4. takes me about 1.5-2 hrs from 0-100%. im happy with it. :)

5. macrumors G5

Macman45

2.5 hours from 10%..A HUGE improvement over my 4S, 4, Etc.

6. macrumors regular

The iPhone 5 is my first iPhone, but I have an iPad 2 and iPad 4.

That said, I'm pretty happy with my charge time. When just sitting on standby I am getting more than 1% per minute. I just this morning got to work and my phone was at 3% at 8:39 am when I plugged it in. When I turned on my TuneIn Radio app (which is a battery hog) at 9 am it was at 26%.

So, 23% in 21 minutes. That puts it at about 1.5 hours to charge from 0 to 100%.

After owning Android before, I think 1.5 hours is outstanding.

I really don't understand how anyone would need 5 hours to fully charge. That seems like some kind of issue to me.

7. macrumors 6502

BigMcGuire

How are people getting 5 hours?! Can't be using the stock charger that came with the phone... I drained my battery to 15% yesterday for the first time since I got my phone. Took a little more than an hour to bring it to 100% (fully charged with plug symbol not 100% with charge symbol).

Now, if I use a USB port or my old Droid 1 charger (550mAh) then yeah, I could see it taking 3-4 hours.

8. macrumors 68020

Rocko1

If you are using the supplied OEM charger and cable, either of them or your phone is defective.

9. macrumors 65816

aliensporebomb

And...

It's fastest if I use the iPad charger I have access to.

10. macrumors regular

It charges way faster than my galaxy note 2, but then latter has bigger battery too (3100 mAh vs 1440)

11. macrumors newbie

iphone 5 charging time / battery

my iphone 5 charges at 1% per min which I think is ok. Basically i`ll need 100 mins to get a full charge.

I delete off all apps which are not used in the "standby" section which i think helps with the charging speed.

but mine has a loose battery ( it rattles ) & dodgy workmanship around the top curve section on both sides. I`m not pleased with the QC.

12. macrumors member

teribithia

4s Fully charged in 2 hours and 30 minutes.

But charging with the data cord in PC USB PORT is slower than adapter