Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

~Ks383~

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2011
Have you tried recalibrating the battery? By that I mean letting it drain until it turns off and then recharging it fully before using it again.

700-Grizz

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2010
ALASKA
Did this happen prior to your JB? If not I would say do a complete restore and JB again to the latest 6.1.2 and Evasi0n 1.4

Netherscourge

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2011
The best way to keep your battery calibrated is to only plug it in when it goes under 20% and then to charge it completely to 100%, without interruption.

If you keep doing "shallow charges", ie. charging your phone when it's like at 50% or higher and then unplugging it before it hits 100%, the charge meter will become slowly inaccurate over time.

As mentioned above, best way to recalibrate it is to let it run out completely and then to charge it overnight to 100% and just leave it charging for a couple hours.

The phone will automatically activate "trickle charging" when it get's to 100% so it never actually overcharges your battery anyway.

nellyplatinum

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2012
Have you tried recalibrating the battery? By that I mean letting it drain until it turns off and then recharging it fully before using it again.

The best way to keep your battery calibrated is to only plug it in when it goes under 20% and then to charge it completely to 100%, without interruption.

If you keep doing "shallow charges", ie. charging your phone when it's like at 50% or higher and then unplugging it before it hits 100%, the charge meter will become slowly inaccurate over time.

As mentioned above, best way to recalibrate it is to let it run out completely and then to charge it overnight to 100% and just leave it charging for a couple hours.

The phone will automatically activate "trickle charging" when it get's to 100% so it never actually overcharges your battery anyway.

guys not to sound like a dick but he/she did mention it shuts off at 30% so how can they recalibrate it if it dosent go down to 0%

~Ks383~

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2011
guys not to sound like a dick but he/she did mention it shuts off at 30% so how can they recalibrate it if it dosent go down to 0%

Well obviously not, it was worth a try though. I assumed they might as well try that before they restore. I don't know what jailbreak tweaks he has installed but it can be a PITA to install a lot of tweaks after a restore. Also assuming the system is reading his battery incorrectly (and that it is just not a faulty battery) I thought that it might help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.