iPhone 5 gets hot while charging

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by blerns3, Nov 21, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

Is this an issue I should worry about? Never happened with my 4. Also, a few times over the last week it's restarted on it's own. Like I'm in an app and all of the sudden, black screen and Apple logo comes up and restarts the phone. Any ideas? Or should I just bring it to an Apple store?

2. macrumors G3

Restore it and if the problem persists, get it swapped out. iPhones are known to get hot periodically, but restarting on its own is definitely not normal.

3. macrumors 6502

numberforty1

It get s a little warm when charging, but it shouldn't get pipping hot.

4. macrumors 68000

vastoholic

Mine restarted for the first time last night like that. I had been having a convo on facebook throughout the night (going in and out of the app, locking phone after sending message) and eventually when I did the slide to go to app from the lock screen it did the apple logo for a few seconds and went back to the lock screen. First and only time I've had this happen on any phone.

Yes mine will get warm when charging occasionally, but only if I'm actively using it at the same time.

5. tgi
    macrumors 65816

tgi

I've noticed it too while gaming and charging.

6. thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks guys. Will try the restore for the restarting problem if it persists.

7. macrumors newbie

Huh. My 4s got verry hot when charging. The 5 is just fine... I think they did something about this problem