iPhone 5 Ghosting

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Delighted, Dec 25, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

Delighted

Bought my iPhone 5 last week. Love it, cannot not put it down, and simply said I just really enjoy it. I play a lot of games while commuting to work and one game I started playing is Fun Run. I noticed that when I play it I do use slightly more pressure on the screen to activate the power ups. When I activate the power ups, this is when I noticed that my screen is ghosting on the sides. I dug out my 4s to try and apply pressure on it, but did not have any ghosting. This led me to believe that maybe it is an iPhone 5 issue.

I made some google searches and found a video of a guy demonstrating his iphone 5 ghosting terribly, fortunately mine is not as bad. So I just would like to know if everyone's iphone 5 ghosting on the sides(only visible with dark backgrounds) or is it just my iPhone?

If it's just my iPhone I will assume I got a lemon and will go in to exchange a new one. If everyone's iphone is ghosting on the side then I will just live with it.

Thanks.

2. macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

I noticed the AT&T store demo did this pretty badly, but that's to be expected. My iPhone 5 doesn't do this, but I'm not willing to press down super hard to find out.

3. macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Nope not noticing it on my phone.

4. macrumors 65816

adam044

None here.

5. macrumors member

Murgatroyd

I can bring variations of contrast if enough pressure is applied to the screen. Nothing warrants that much pressure on a regular basis though.

6. macrumors member

Definitely recommend that you take that into the Apple store.

No problems on my device.