iPhone 5 Houston,TX

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by rodolfo52, Sep 16, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

This goes for all the stores around the Houston Area.
    What store do you plan on going to?
    What time?
    Anyone camping out a few days before the actual launch?

2. macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

The store in The Woodlands mall is where I'll be. The Willowbrook mall store is probably one of the slower Apple stores in town. That or Baybrook. Just stay far away from The Galleria, or Memorial City mall, and you'll be good. No clue about Highland village though.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Well i Plan on going to the highland village store.
    Looking to be one of the first in line.

4. macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

The few times I've gone there it wasn't overly crowded like the Galleria, and Memorial City stores. Good luck being 1st!

5. macrumors member

big question - what determines the "front of the store" for the line...... id say the entrance by sprinkles....... but you know some cranky haters are going to line on the other side and cause a fuss that "our line is the true line" the drama.......

6. macrumors newbie

So I'm new to Houston and have no idea how busy each store is. Obviously I was going to stay away from the Galleria but do you guys think one of the other Apple stores is a safe bet or maybe an AT&T store would be a better shot?

7. thread starter macrumors newbie

Highland Village is Apple's new store and they will most likely have more in stock... also the line will start earlier as they are not in a mall. So i recommend the Highland Village store.

8. macrumors member

UHFrank

i was in the ipad 3 line and we lined up in the back of the store, im sure there will be some sort of direction from staff. it was fun. and i would get there early maybe midnight (maybe earlier) or so because it's a popular spot.

9. macrumors newbie

Mall Opnenings

Does anybody have any idea what time any malls will be opening there doors to let people in, like the woodlands mall. I was planning on trying to be at the mall like around 9-10pm before they lock up and see if i could wait outside the apple store with out mall security trying to kick me out.

10. thread starter macrumors newbie

Usually the mall would not you being outside, however for the iPad 3 launch they let people in at 3am

11. macrumors newbie

Sounds good....but what i meant was be inside the mall before it closes and try and wait at the store itself. Doubt itll wok but thought it would be worth a try.

on another note where would be the best place to wait outside the woodlands...even tho im starting to lean to going to highlands village instead.

12. macrumors member

13. macrumors newbie

14. macrumors regular

15. macrumors newbie

Anyone hear anything about Baybrook or First Colony? Anyone headed there?

16. macrumors newbie

Anyone have ideas on AT&T stores or best buy? Would like to do Apple Store but I'm not a huge fan of big lines. Gotta pick one up in store now since AT&T completely screwed up my preorder :mad:

17. macrumors newbie

Woodlands Mall?

If I show up around 8:30 any chance I would

A. Get an iPhone 5
    B. be out of there before 5pm.

18. macrumors regular

I need some facts and opinions guys. I have an 8:30 AM flight out of Hobby. Do any of you know if the AT&T store on gulf highway (45) will open early? Like 7 AM? I have to get my iPhone from an AT&T store because I'm on a business account. Should I bring protection if I do end up there early this morning? Do any of you think there will be a line? Thanks.

19. macrumors newbie

Even if they did open at 7, I kind of doubt they would sell you the phone until 8..

20. JAEIII, Sep 20, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2012

macrumors newbie

Does anyone know the length of the line at memorial city mall?

21. macrumors 6502a

Southwest boards at 8am, dude. Don't risk it.

22. macrumors newbie

If anyone wants to meet up at baybrook I think I'm going to be there around 5

23. macrumors member

AppleKing786

Any updates on lines / supply of iPhones in Houston area?
    When is the next shipment of iPhones coming?

24. macrumors newbie

As a heads up, quite a few AT&T stores still have some in stock. I pre-ordered a black 64gb from Best Buy butt hey haven't received any 64gb at all and was going to cancel when I found out that a few AT&Ts have stock. I called around to multiple stores in my area (Spring) first before cancelling with Best Buy and they did have a few 64 gb in stock at a few stores but only in white. A few of the stores also said they had a few 32 gb white and black. This was at 12:45pm. Call a few AT&T stores or whatever carrier your with. You might get lucky!

25. macrumors member

AppleKing786

No one in Houston has iPhones left.

Anyone know when the next shipment is coming in? When can i go back to store to pick one up? Ideally from Apple or AT&T stores.