Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
I just have a single question for the OP, why would you want video displayed on your front screen while driving?

Driving can be boring when there are few cars on the road, late at night etc. Watching a movie, texting, even a drink here and there can help pass the time. All done in moderation should be fine.

j/k

:eek:

Last edited:

meistervu

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2008
OP poses a valid technology question and somehow this turns into a discussion about watching videos while driving.... wow

I'm in somewhat of the same boat. I have a JVC stereo similar to the OP as well as an iPhone 5. My need for such a way to connect the phone to the car involves my GPS integration from my phone for navigation to be displayed on the screen. Not to mention, my son watches movies on there during long trips as well. (I know, I know, having a video playing while he car is in motion - even one I'm not watching - makes me a horrible human being. I get it)

The temptation may just be too much, like having a bar in your center console.

But I hear you, there are good application for video in a car, like displaying maps. I use my iPhone for that. It's however is better if the display is in a place where you don't have to look down to see the map.

----------

Driving can be boring when there are few cars on the road, late at night etc. Watching a movie, texting, even a drink here and there can help pass the time. All done in moderation should be fine.
:eek:

How do you watch a movie in moderation while driving?

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado

Not sure what to say, other than this...

Attachments

• serious.jpg
    serious.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 69

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
OP: This doesn't answer the question you need answered, but there are Lightning to VGA and Lightning to HDMI cables out now. I haven't looked lately to see if there are Lightning to USB or composite or component.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.