iPhone 5 (iOS 6.01) Mail App Problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by reddevil0728, Dec 7, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

Anybody setup Gmail to work on your default iPhone's mail app facing this problem whereby when you move an email from the trash folder back to inbox, it will disappear totally everywhere.

Everywhere as in on your iPhone and also when log on onto Gmail's website, the email cannot be found at all?

2. macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

I just tested this and everything looks fine for me (email wasn't lost) on both my phone (also 6.0.1) and the website however my Gmail is set up as Exchange. Is yours set up using the default option in Settings?

Also, have you searched your "All Mail" folder? It might've just been moved there.

3. thread starter macrumors regular

It's setup using default option on my iphone.

It's not in all mail folder

4. macrumors 6502a

Prime85

It doesnt do it with my account but i have mine setup as an exchange account so i can sync shared Calendars from Gmail with my iCloud calendar

5. thread starter macrumors regular

how to set up exchange account?

6. macrumors 6502a

Prime85

7. reddevil0728, Dec 8, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2012

thread starter macrumors regular

It did. Thanks. But now I am facing problem with the alert tone sounding twice. Is that what happened?

Ok a few more problems now. Not sure why when i delete the email, it will go to all mail rather than trash. and also i am not sure why it will have 2 notifications pings and 2 notifications display in notifications.

I decided to revert back to setting up with default gmail setting itself and everything is ok now. meaning i delete it will go to trash, and when i move from trash to inbox it will be there.

----------

btw is there anyway i can sync icloud calendar stuff with my gmail calendar?

8. macrumors 6502a

Prime85

You are probably getting 2 notifications because you didn't remove the other gmail setup. You you have it pulling your mail twice. As for the calendar I am not sure.

9. thread starter macrumors regular

nope. I already deleted the other gmail settings.

But anyway hope it works now