iPhone 5 / ios6.0.1 - Wifi icon missing

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by rantzzz, Nov 16, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

Been experiencing an issue whereby I am connected to wifi but the Wifi icon is missing. A restart of the phone fixes it, but it has been recurring quite frequently and I am tired of restarting the phone everytime this happens

When this problem happens, I am still able to surf on the wifi network, it's just that the wifi icon is missing from the status bar

Any clue?

2. macrumors 603

Tyler23

Just to get this out of the way; are you jailbroken?

3. macrumors member

How do you know you are connected when the icon is missing. This might sound stupid, but could your Wifi be dropping out?

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

I am not jailbroken

I know i am connected because i can surf the net even when i switch off cellular data. there are no symbols of LTE or wifi yet i can surf net. thats how i know i am connected

5. macrumors newbie

I have the same problem.

Same issue.
    WiFi icon is gone. It shows 4G instead.
    However, when I go to WiFi in Settings, it shows that I am connected to my WiFi network.
    To double check, I used the app "Fing" to scan my network. (It shows all the devices on the network.) It doesn't work when connected to AT&T 4G. So, in my test, it shows all the devices of my WiFi network as I expect.

iTunes says my software is current.

Rebooting does make the icon reappear. I just tested this, so I don't know if it will last.

6. macrumors member

Same for me. Still no solution?

7. macrumors 6502a

Have you tried a network settings reset?

8. macrumors regular

Are you connected to a 2.4ghz or 5ghz network?

9. macrumors newbie

I had the same issue. The wifi icon came back on my iPhone after I deleted few unwanted applications. I had a lot of apps and was doing cleanup. You can give it a shot and see if it helps.