Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

singchen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2012
Hi, hoping someone can help. Have successfully paired and connected my Sony Ericsson MW-600 bluetooth earphones to my iPhone 5 but when I play any music, podcasts, or any type of media, including Maps navigation, the sound comes through the phone speaker. However, Siri responses come via the headphones. Can't figure it out. Thought it might be something to do with the version of bluetooth, but all sound comes via the headphones when I pair and connect them to my iPad 3.

I know you can connect two devices to the headphones and both my iPad and iPhone are connected - could it be that?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

mikewalks

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2012
I just wanted to add that this is happening for me too on an iPhone 4 after upgrading to iOS6.

Sounds from calls come through fine so I think this is a software/iOS6 problem.

I know there are a number of reported Bluetooth issues at the moment.

jj47

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2012
I get the same problem but with Bluetooth in my VW Polo. Siri and calls work through Bluetooth but not music. Hope this gets fixed soon.

frayne182

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2012
Canada
I also get bluetooth issues since upgrading to iOS6.

This is on my iPhone 4. Can't have it more then a few ft away from the headphones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.