Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maikebruno

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2013
Hello,

I have also experienced my ears hurting whwn i have started to use iphone 4. I went to apple and they chkecd the phone and any problem have been detected.
The problem persisted and i sold the phone.
Now, I've bought a 4S and the situation maintains but in a more soft way... but sometimes my ear hurts even in a stand-by mode.
If the problem is origined by the noise cancellation system is there any way to swicth it off?

Miguel

hagdoodle

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2016
I have attempted use the phone for couple weeks now with no great improvement. I love the phone, but My Ears hurt/throb after using. Going home from work last night on highway I notice right away. It so bothersome have to hold phone away from ear to avoid issue. Its like driving down the road with one window open or putting your ear up to a sea shell. I can only determin thats its noice cancellation going on?? I tried using my Iphone 4 again and no pain in ears. I hate to return, but dont think software issue would fix it. Anyone else having this issue to the extreem of painful ear drum

I bought an iPhone 6S 3 days ago and I can't bear to talk on it. Kills my ears, and the sound is muffled. I tried the different settings (mono, noise cancelling, etc). I also came from an iPhone 4 which never hurt my ears. It's an expensive downgrade... I rang apple (Philipines) on day one. They said it was unusual and to take it back to Telstra (Australia) within 10 days. I rang the store on the next business day, and they said the best they can do is send it away and give me a refurbished phone in exchange for the new phone I just bought. I'm about to go into the store.

Jimmy James

macrumors 603
Oct 26, 2008
Magicland
It's been proven that using your handset while driving is a tremendous hazard. This is not in dispute.

When your response to this fact is denial and persistence; at some point you're inevitably going to be contributorily negligent in something bad. Some of you don't want to hear it. But now you have.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.