iPhone 5 not ringing, no keyboard clicks

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jjcar99, Nov 27, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Nov 27, 2012
    I see a couple other ringing problems, figured I'd throw this out here since I can't take my new iphone back to the store until this weekend. My iphone 5 on Sprint will not ring. I've checked all the basics. volume, ringer, sound, all are on. I can go to change ringers and all those sounds work, after selecting, I call my phone.... still only vibrates. It is NOT on do not disturb. My wife's new iphone is working fine. I also noticed the "keyboard click" option does not work. I've cold booted, reset settings, powered off, etc. Any ideas? thx:apple:
  2. macrumors 603

Dec 2, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Is the switch on the side of the phone switched to silent? I know it's a dumb question but I have to ask..If it's on silent, there will be an orange line..
  3. macrumors newbie

Jan 12, 2013
    Hey I had the same issue and read these comments only to then realise my side button WAS on silent. I wasn't even aware of that button before lolll I should really read a manual.
  4. macrumors 6502

Sep 9, 2009
  5. macrumors regular

May 17, 2010
    Lol, that was my problem too. I must have moved the side switch when I took my case cover off for cleaning (was taking pics of my house wiring in my very dusty attic). Thanks.
  6. macrumors newbie

Aug 14, 2013
    Thank you

I was having this problem for a week now and I was very upset because I dint know how to fix it. I check the side switch and it was off.
    I thought I was so very smart :D
  7. macrumors 6502

Jun 8, 2013
    On planet earth & in Hotlanta Ga.
    Yes I have been there and done that only to feel like a fool when told to flip the switch.:D
  8. macrumors member

Sep 4, 2008
    Try turning off Bluetooth. That did the trick for me.