iPhone 5 not taking full screen photos?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by APPLE-FANATIC, Nov 24, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

APPLE-FANATIC

Hello,

Maybe this slipped my mind. Since the iPhone 5 is now 4", does the camera app not take full screen pictures?? Maybe this has always been the case and I just noticed it. Has anyone else has this issue, of indeed it is an issue? :confused:

2. macrumors 603

Tyler23

The screen size changed but the aspect ratio the camera shoots did not, therefore you are correct, photos taken on an iPhone 5 will not be full screen unless you crop them.

3. macrumors G3

If you want full screen photos, you need to take them while shooting a video (like in Apple's commercial).

4. thread starter macrumors 6502a

APPLE-FANATIC

Got it, thanks guys. Thought I was having a damn brain fart as some were full screen (taken while using video) and some were not.

Thanks again!! :)

5. macrumors 68030

This is also the case on the 4/4S. However, iOS usually crops it in because the aspect ratio is much closer. If you take a picture on the 4/4S and view it in landscape mode, try zooming out. All of the sudden, there's a bit more picture than there was before.

6. macrumors 65816

palmerc2

The photos have never been full screen, actually. On any existing iPhone with a 3.5" screen, if you take a photo and "pinch out" you'll notice it doesn't completely fill the screen. I'm guessing Apple would just fill the screen since only a little bit would be cut off. Now with the bigger screen of the iPhone 5, Apple decided not to do that and just show the entire photo.