1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

iPhone 5 on T-Mobile.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by misterjay, Feb 11, 2013.

1. macrumors regular

Talked to a T-Mobile Corporate Manager, he has just told me that the iPhone 5 will be released mid-may(assuming he is not lying) along with other Apple products.

Thought I'd throw it out there...

2. macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

That's about as reliable as the 5" iphone coming out tomorrow!

3. macrumors Nehalem

Applejuiced

Nothing has been officially announced by Apple or Tmobile.
    His guess is as good as anyones. Even if he heard it from someone higher up that can change and it might happen later or even sooner.

4. macrumors 68040

Back in January Tmobiles CEO said it was coming in 3-4 months so April-May sounds about right. No one knows the exact date yet though.

5. macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

wouldn't the sku show up in tmobile's system by now? I don't think Apple adds carriers without some sort of fanfare and pre announcement

6. macrumors 68040

Apple never allows carriers to put the iPhone on roadmaps or anything like that until maybe a week or so before the release date.

7. macrumors 6502a

Yup. TMO said a few weeks ago that it would offer iOS devices later this year. Hopefully the iPhone won't ruin TMO's network the way it did Sprint's.

8. macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

if an iPhone is going to Tmobile it will be announced at some media event...and I doubt a regional corporate manager would know this soon

9. macrumors 6502a

yeah

The iPhone will be coming to T-Mobile in the March - May time frame.
    It shall include 4G LTE and their HD Voice calling.
    It shall also work on their re-farmed 3G/H+ networks.
    It also falls into the time that T-Mobile will end contracts.

I for one will definitely get the iPhone 5 using the EIP plan on T-Mobile :D
    Go LTE :apple::D

10. macrumors 6502a

11. macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

12. macrumors 6502a

I never said it was coming in May. I said it was coming later this year.

The release is clear: "T-Mobile USA has entered into an agreement with Apple to bring products to market together in 2013."

13. macrumors 68040

I think it's safe to assume its coming April-May timeframe. The CEO said 3-4 months back in January.

http://www.tmonews.com/2013/01/t-mobile-ceo-says-iphone-coming-in-three-to-four-months-subsidy-end-in-same-timeframe/

14. macrumors 6502a

It better have AWS 3g because there PCS refarming is a joke.