iphone 5 on tmobile

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tbluhp, Feb 1, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502a

ok so the t-mobile 1900mhz is in my area alot of people I know get it but me no. I have verizon iphone 5 with a precut down micro sim card. Why can't I get good data only able to get EDGE others get 3g or 4g uisng tmobile iphone 5.

2. macrumors 6502

dtbratt

T-Mobile is currently reframing their network. You just may not get it in your area.

3. macrumors 68040

The refarming process is still incomplete and a work in progress. Even in the markets that they have announced as "live" are not 100% yet. You will have to wait until they finish.

4. macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

You mean like a picture?:rolleyes:

I think you mean refarming..

OP: are you on prepaid or postpaid?

5. macrumors 68020

They'll probably get to you. Right now I'm stuck in between two cities that get 3G/4G, while my own does not!

6. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hi I am on montly 4G prepaid postpaid if got would cost $300

Also dose it matter if it was the ATT or Verizon Phone.

7. macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

If you have a data plan, no matter if it's pre- or post-paid, you should be getting 3G on your iPhone. However, that isn't true if tmobile isn't done refarming their network in your area. Where do you live?

Doesn't matter, AT&T and VZW iPhones both work on T-Mobile's 3G network.

8. macrumors 65816

Both AT&T and Verizon iPhone 5 will Support T-Mobile HSPA+ (21mbps or if its DC-HSPA+ up to 42mbps "4G" Data Speeds), However if in near future T-Mobile launches LTE on band 4 and/or 7a (if im correct i know Verizon is on 700c) then Only AT&T iPhone 5 will support LTE.

9. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Funny I just got off the phone with a friend and when I did it showed up 3G then a second later went down to E. It must be my house. I think I will just stick with verizon or get a nexus 7 and see if I really get 4G?

10. macrumors 6502

You will find wildly different feedback about the refarmed 1900 Mhz 3G network of T-mobile. Many were using exclusively Edge/2G for years and the mere sight of occassional 3G or infrequent 3G elates them. Then there are others who have had great Verizon experience and come to T-mobile to save money who will be very disappointed with the shoddy T-mobile network. Even though T-mobile claims over 100 million US population covered, they refuse to put up any 1900 Mhz 3G coverage maps. They are deliberately misleading customers of other networks by using 3G/4G on their coverage maps without specifying that this does not include iPhone coverage. I personally bought an iPhone 5 after Minneapolis was refarmed for 1900 Mhz frequency on 3G. What I got was frequent Edge coverage, dropped calls, frequent no network status. I finally moved back to my Samsung Galaxy S2 on T-mobile's 4G network, which I would say is pretty good.