iPhone 5 on U.S. Cellular?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sou1 so1di3r, Sep 12, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

sou1 so1di3r

Now that we have an LTE capable phone, can we expect U.S. Cellular to finally carry the iPhone????

2. macrumors newbie

I was just coming here to ask that. I hope they do get it. I know some sites said it may be delayed for them because of the remark from the "big 3" but hopefully it is within the month or they atleast announce they will be getting it.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

sou1 so1di3r

yeah I'd have to imagine they gotta start carrying it.

Unless they just love losing money.

:D

4. macrumors 6502a

i thought US cellular was offered the chance to carry the iphone but they rejected it because of the hefty price? it was an article awhile ago

5. macrumors G4

Unfortunately, US Cellular seems to be blowing off the iPhone, even though they are losing customers. Let's face it, as much as carriers may not like it, unless they carry the iPhone, they are seen as "less cool." They may find that offering the iPhone even helps them sell more Android phones since it brings people in.

----------

Yes. They seem to think that they can stem the tide of postpaid customer losses without it.

6. macrumors newbie

They turned it down because the 4S didn't have LTE and they were currently investing a lot in the technology. They were quoted saying once Apple gives the iPhone LTE they would... or somewhere along those lines.

Sooo fingers crossed

7. macrumors newbie

anyone heard anything about virgin or cricket getting this phone?