Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SuperSam648

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2013
For some reason my photos are two different sizes they are one size normally and if I take a panorama but don't move they are another size how? Is there a way to make them both as large as the pano
As you can see the photo attached is larger than normal

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    693.8 KB · Views: 85

elfy

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2011
Glasgow, Scotland
Haven't read the whole thread, and I'm sure it's been mentioned, but there are certain aspect ratios that are standard in photography. The 16:9 ratio isn't really one of them. It is a standard in movies though which is why the screen is that ratio. People will watch movies on their phone but are likely to either print photos or view them elsewhere.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
One of the things that's always really confused me about the iPhone 5 is the way that the photos don't seem to be full-screen. When I open the camera app it appears that it will be full-screen as you're preparing to take the photo, but once I've taken it and view it in the gallery the photo is bordered by two black bars and the top and bottom of the screen, like when you use an app that isn't iPhone 5 compatible.

Is this something that occurs with everyone's camera? If so it's a very poor show by Apple I think. Considering that both the camera and display are better quality than previous model I hope that this 'compression' doesn't affect image quality. It's even more bizarre that photos look like this but videos are actually full-screen.

If the photos were widescreen they would look bad on my iPad, so I'm happy with it like that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.