Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jw77777

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 31, 2009
An update on my battery... Ever since draining my battery completely, waiting 30 minutes before charging, charging with the phone completely off, and then deleting iCloud from my phone... my battery life has greatly improved, a lot better than its ever been. I was at least able to make it through an entire day without charging.

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    118.4 KB · Views: 97

LastZion

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2006
I can't get through a full day. I did the calibrate but i didn't do the 30 min gap in between with it drained. I'll try that again.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 56

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
I can't get through a full day. I did the calibrate but i didn't do the 30 min gap in between with it drained. I'll try that again.

Bluetooth has always killed my iPhone. 4/4s/5

----------

An update on my battery... Ever since draining my battery completely, waiting 30 minutes before charging, charging with the phone completely off, and then deleting iCloud from my phone... my battery life has greatly improved, a lot better than its ever been. I was at least able to make it through an entire day without charging.

What exactly do you mean deleting iCloud? Just disabling it?

n8236

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2006
No problems here.

From my anecdotal testing, it's the same as my iP4, which is good considering the 5 is using 4G/LTE. Also, a year battery tends to have reduced capacity.

This shows that the 5's battery life is quite strong :D

jw77777

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 31, 2009
Bluetooth has always killed my iPhone. 4/4s/5

----------

What exactly do you mean deleting iCloud? Just disabling it?

Yeah, deleting the account from the phone... I know it sucks cuz I can't use the phone the way it should be, but until Apple fixes it, i'd rather have a longer battery life.

----------

Let me know if it works for you.

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
Ya. Maybe that's it. But I can't live without that. So sweet auto syncing with my car.
Me either man! Just so much safer driving too. When talking

Yeah, deleting the account from the phone... I know it sucks cuz I can't use the phone the way it should be, but until Apple fixes it, i'd rather have a longer battery life.

----------

Let me know if it works for you.

Ah ok I'll have to try it out tomorrow. Going to be busy waiting for re6 to come out at midnight ;)

spazma7ik

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2009
This is how mine is holding up today thus far. I have been nothing but impressed with this phones battery however I have tweaked the settings a bit to get results like this, albeit nothing crippling. I still use LTE, 50-60% brightness etc.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 71

theanimaster

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2005
I just did the whole reset-all-settings-and-let-battery-fully-deplete thing with the 2-hour battery recharge and so far I've played around with it for 15 minutes without it dropping a single percent. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

However, in those 15 minutes I was tuning my settings -- turning off location settings for things like system diagnostics and other stuff like iAds etc etc also turned off iTunes cellular data syncing (YES I HAVE IT ON 6.0.1 .... this is an unlocked iPhone in Asia so that report about it in 6.1 ain't such a biggie... this is just like internet tethering -- the Asian phones had it all along before the ones in the States... but then again, I don't see any LTE controls in the settings -- must be dependent on the SIM card).

Let's see how it goes on Monday when I get back to work...

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
Mine has actually been pretty good.

You do have full signal and wifi connection so that adds to it. For me, the battery life was horrible the first month. The more I use my phone, the better it gets… which makes no sense in the long run but in the short run it always works my devices the same way. I have 58% left with 2 hour talk time and 5 hour standby… I should mention though that I have geo gps (w.e its called) always on due to hundreds of location alarms.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.