Iphone 5 Power Support Screen Protector

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by chanerz, Sep 14, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

Anybody waiting for their screen protectors? I've had them on my 3gs, 4, 4s and very good quality! Can't wait!

2. macrumors 68020

Blorzoga

Knowing PowerSupport, you're going to be waiting for quite a while.

3. macrumors member

actionvaughn

The page for the anti-glare is up. I'm personally waiting on a crystal set.

4. macrumors 68020

Blorzoga

I wonder how long it will take them to stock the films. The ipad3 took forever. And I doubt they will come in sets since the unsmooth back of the iphone5 does not lend itself to having a protector attached.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Exactly true, I just ordered SGP for now

6. macrumors 6502

I too love them and have had them on all my iPhones and iPads. I will rock it without until they are ready.

7. macrumors member

I am waiting for their Crystal films. Had them on my 3GS and 4 and swear by them!

8. macrumors 6502

trlyka

My email reply from Power Support

I emailed them asking about the films for the iPhone 5.....Response below

'Hello --,
    Thank you for your email inquiry. Power Support USA is excited to announce that we will be providing protection films for the iPhone 5.
    Power Support USA films are custom made to device specifications and will begin development when the iPhone 5 is launched. We expect both our Crystal and Anti-Glare films to be available within 3-4 weeks after the launch of the iPhone 5 on 9/21 (mid-October). At this time, we are not taking pre-orders, but please check back on the website as it gets closer to the launch date.
    If you're looking for immediate protection, our sister company, Tru Protection, will be offering Anti-Glare iPhone 5 films starting 9/21. These films are precisely cut, high quality and are manufactured and packaged in the US.
    Please sign up for our newsletter to receive the most recent updates regarding the new films at http://www.powersupportusa.com or http://www.truprotection.com .
    Thank you for your continued support!

Reps name
    Power Support USA
    1426 Flower St
    Glendale, CA 91201'

9. macrumors regular

I like PS but SGP have been just as good so I am ordering the clear to have at least something on when my phone arrives. Will see what anti glare gets released...

10. macrumors 6502

I had PS in the past and was satisfied. I just recently went spigen SGP and couldn't be happier.

11. macrumors 6502

trlyka

Wow :eek: The Spigen SGP is $27.99 which seems expensive for just one....

Most cases come with a cheap screen protector, so I'd probably use that until the PS is available. I just need to choose a case now :roll eyes:

Edit...I just read more about the SGP. I didn't realize it was made of glass. That's kind of neat. I never had issues with PS though.

12. macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

I've had power support's matte films on all my past iphones.. I'm in for the iphone 5 matte when its out.

13. macrumors 6502

never heard of this brand.... are they any good? I always go with belkin

14. macrumors 68040

thadoggfather

I just bought a clear aduro pack of 3 for 3.99 shipped. I hope they don't have rainbow effect...c

15. macrumors newbie

Since the back of the iPhone 5 is made of Aluminum are you going to put a screen protector like the Power Support on it? Or are you going to just use a case?

16. macrumors 6502a

17. macrumors 6502

I've used power support cases since my second iPhone, the 3, and the films are the absolute best. However I always have bought the PS items in Japan, never from the (grossly overpriced) USA store. If I recall correctly PS in Japan had iPad 3 cases a couple months before the US vendor, and unlike the US vendor it was specific to the 3rd gen.

Tunewear also makes excellent phone shells.

As I'm going to Tokyo on Tuesday I will be looking to see if the cases for the 5 are available. Just have to suffer with the fact that my new phone will be sitting on my desk for a week before I get back!

18. macrumors regular

Yep always bought powersupport in the past but needed something so I ordered an SGP to check it out. Truprotection on the way too.

19. macrumors regular

Are you using the Steinheil series or the Glas? I wanted to get power support but need something in the meantime. I was looking at the Ultra Crystal for $13.99. I was going to get BSE for now but I have it on my Blackberry and it does have the orange peel look, plus they won't be shipping until launch day. And I'm concerned about using the water on the iphone. Looks like the SGP is available to ship now so I might have it for Friday.

20. macrumors 6502

I've always used PS crystal on my 3 iPads. Love their smooth surface. This time I'm also getting it for my iPhone 5. But knowing PS, it will take a while before it is available.

21. thread starter macrumors 6502a

I will still buy the PS once it is available.

22. macrumors 601

How much do you guys think they'll be around 20 and some change w/ shipping and tax? I love them but I won't pay that much usually there are promo codes or specials once in a while so I'll wait for that if so

23. macrumors 6502

Markiie

I was had sp on my i devices. I went with sgp this time around since I can get the screen ASAP. 14 bucks vs 28. I want to see if impressed cause sp screens are pretty damn good...

24. macrumors 6502

phantomsd

25. macrumors 6502a

Thanks for pointing this out. I'm waiting for the anti-glare with clear back combo. Much cheaper than other companies also.

I'm happy with my PowerSupport shields on my iPhone 4. Had it installed all 2 years I had the phone.