iPhone 5 price drop soon?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by coldjeanzzz, Apr 24, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502a

I held off on upgrading to an iPhone 5 with my Sprint plan in the summer because I didn't really need to and it was $200. Now it's 99 and I have 15 dollars of trade in value for my current smart phone.

I know a new iPhone will drop in June or something so can we expect the iPhone 5 to drop even more during that time?

2. macrumors 6502

NiKeZz

The $99 price point is an Instant Savings promo if you leave your carrier and sign up for a two year agreement with Sprint. If you are just upgrading your phone/contract, it will be $199.99 for the iPhone 5. Price points for the iPhone's usually do not drop to the $99 point until the latest phone is actually for sell.

3. macrumors 6502

Sean76

Most likely not going to see a new iphone until Fall of 2013... ios 7 in June though

When the new phone is announced that's when you'll see a price drop on the 5

4. tgi
    macrumors 65816

tgi

That's a rip off. What is your current phone? You will be able to get a lot more selling elsewhere (eBay, Craigslist).

5. macrumors 6502

I would not count on a price drop until after the s gets introduced sometime this year.

6. macrumors 68020

For the last several months, in my area, AT&T has been selling vast amounts of iPhone 4's for $1.00 to those on AT&T plans that need or want a new iPhone.

Equally as popular for those that don't mind paying more, they've been selling iPhone 4S models for $99.00. I've been seeing so many friends that aren't phone enthusiasts like us buy these older iPhones. It's truly amazing.

7. macrumors 68000

iOS 7 is not going to be released in June. They will be announcing it at WWDC but it will take months of betas for developers before release (most likley with the new iPhone).

8. macrumors 6502

g0odfr1end102

Yup', betting on a late September announcement, beginning of October launch :D

9. thread starter macrumors 6502a

It's a 3 year old HTC Evo 4g lol. I was going to trade it in last summer for like $50 but decided not to. Now it's only netting me $15

10. macrumors 6502

Keep it as a back up phone just in case if you want to

11. macrumors 604

lordofthereef

You can still ebay or Craigslist that thing for $50. If I were you, I'd just keep it as a backup. $15 isn't worth losing a backup (assuming it still works fine) and $50 isn't worth my trouble to meet someone on Craigslist. If anything I'd list on eBay, throw it in a small prepaid USPS box for $5, and profit $30. Better yet, donate it to someone in need. There are some great groups that get phones to soldiers, the needy, etc.