iPhone 5 randomly rebooting

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by vong, Oct 2, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

vong

Anyone here have this problem? It happened twice today so far. When I get the first notification for a new text and I check it. It would reboot.

2. macrumors newbie

I had this problem too. Just got a black screen as I was using the phone..and turned out it was a reboot underway - it happend a few times on my 4S and has happend once in the week I have had the 5. Might be just me, might be iOS 6 issues... I would be interested to know if this is extremely rare or if other people have had similar issues. I can not repeat the error so thus have not escalated for repair, review etc.

3. macrumors newbie

iPhone 5 rebooting

Mine is doing the same thing. It appears to be happening daily. I plug in in to charge before going to bed and when I get up the next morning the phone is off with a dead black screen. I have to boot it up but once up and running all seems fine.

4. thread starter macrumors 6502a

vong

Hasn't been happening to me since I posted it. But it is really random, wonder what causes it.

5. macrumors regular

ive had this issue on the iphone 4s since upgradeing to iOS 6.... my iphone 5 has done the same thing..... though what fixed it for me was turning it off for 5 minutes and then turning it back on... i havnt had the issue on my iphone 5 since.

6. macrumors 6502a

this literally JUST happened to me. i think it's due to text messages.

7. macrumors regular

when it happend to me i was in settings and i hit the home button and the phone would return to the home screen but it would freeze.... i could still take screenshots and flip the silent switch and it would viberate but nothing on screen except the frozen home screen..... after 2 minutes it would usually reboot.

8. macrumors 68020

Rocko1

9. macrumors newbie

This absolutely works. Battery life & performance improved dramatically by restoring as new.

10. macrumors newbie

Hate to dig up an old thread but this was highest ranking on google. I just had my i5 replaced yesterday for this very reason. Set it up as a new device and everything. I was listening to Pandora this morning and received a SMS, when I hit the home button to show the unlock screen, I saw the screen for a split second and then the Apple logo. Reboot FAIL! Is this an iOS 6 issue? It's getting old.

11. macrumors member

I thought this was an Android problem. Now on iphone too? I blame it on ios 6