iPhone 5 refurb/replacement model number

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thewhitetower, Oct 8, 2012.

1. macrumors member

thewhitetower

Replaced my iP5 last Friday and the model number is ND662X which is different to the one that had scuffgate (MD662X)..this is in Australia

I've read in a thread somewhere that the ND model prefix is not a refurb as it's too early for refurbs to start making it through...

Serial number is DNPJCXXXXX....

btw - unit is flawless - no scuffs/marks/bad battery at this stage - 64GB Black

Refurb or 'new'???

2. macrumors newbie

I got a replacement ND144LL

3. macrumors G3

mattopotamus

Well, I have a week 34 that starts with that same serial, so probably new

4. macrumors member

Surely there's no refurbs yet. They can barely make news ones let alone process refurbs and whatever that involves. If a phone went back with a scuffed back you would assume that it would get a new rear case at the very least.

5. thread starter macrumors member

thewhitetower

Thanks for the response...looks like there are 2 variants of the model number for new handsets...

6. macrumors member

EltonT

My scuffed ip5 had a model number of MD663ZP, my first and second replacement were ND663ZP. My first replacement had horrible battery life and the signal dropped occasionally for no reason, my second replacement was almost perfect except the battery still isn't as good as my original one.

7. macrumors 6502a

Mine, replaced today with: DNPJD Very similar to yours. Week 37 (September)

Flawless, except for a minor scratch on the rear of the phone on the aluminum. I am content though.