iPhone 5 replacement at Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xlost6, Jul 7, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

I'm sure this topic has been answered numerous times but I've saw different stories on what happens.

But I have a cracked screen on my iPhone 5 and I wanted to know if I go to Apple Store is the replacement/swap out still $229 or does Apple replace the screen now for $149?

2. macrumors demi-god

AFAIK, Apple is still in the process of rolling out the screen replacement program. Your best bet is to call your store, and see if they've got the equipment yet.

If not, reply back with the location of your local store(s), and maybe people with experiences with those specific stores can post up.

3. macrumors 6502

If I'm not wrong, they are gonna charge you like $200 and they'll give you a new phone.

4. macrumors regular

New or refurb?

5. macrumors G3

Refurbished indistinguishable from new except for the box it comes in if you mean what will Apple replace it with.

6. thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. I'm about to call now and see what they say.

The closest Apple Store near me is the one the Christiana Mall in Delaware.

7. macrumors demi-god

Are they able to do the screen-only replacements?

8. macrumors 6502

They've started doing that... Too many phone replacements. It's way easier to do on iPhone 5 compared to 4/4S

9. macrumors demi-god

Sorry, meant to specifically ask if the Christiana Mall store had the equipment installed now to be able to do that.

10. rw3
    macrumors 6502a

rw3

Apple Store's are now doing screen replacements on iPhone 5 for $149+tax (if applicable in your area.)

Should take 30-45 minutes as the new screen and proximity sensor must be calibrated to your specific phone.

11. thread starter macrumors 6502

So will they fix the bent in my iPhone 5 also. I have a cracked screen and my iPhone 5 is bent near the volume buttons also. It has a crack in the antenna.

12. macrumors G3

That sounds more like a $229 swap out than just a screen replacement.

13. thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks! :)

That's what I figured. I'm making an appointment for Friday to get it swapped for a new one. I wouldn't mind the aspect of the screen being replaced but having a bent iPhone 5 isn't ideal either. I should've got AppleCare + when I had the chance.