iPhone 5 screen image quality

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Delorean2006, Nov 3, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

I don't know if anybody has had this problem or idk if this is a problem but the image quality is not as good as I would have hoped, I mean it looks great but it has well this pentile type effect to it, it does look like a pentile screen, I was wondering if anybody else had this type of image quality on their iPhone 5's? And I know it's a Samsung screen for one

2. macrumors 68040

thadoggfather

Your iPhone probably has vertical scan lines.

Look it up on this forum.

Camera app icon on home screen and blue toolbar at bottom of safari should show it/look grainy.

I had iPhone 5's that did this

3. macrumors member

Absolutely no problems with my display. The best handset display I've seen in person, if you ask me. I think you should try to get your phone replaced.

4. macrumors regular

Interlacing is an issue with iPhone 5 screens. Mine had that issue, but I returned it.

5. macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

My display is perfect too and the best looking display of any type I've seen. The color accuracy is just fantastic for a consumer device.

If you're seeing issues I'd take it in too.

6. thread starter macrumors 6502a

I think I have the interlacing issue I've had it on my other iPhones and those screens just straight went and had to get them replaced but the apple stores near where I live always give me a hard time whenever I go and I had 5 blown pixels once on one phone and they tried saying they couldn't see any of them then gave me four phones right after that all with dead pixels