iPhone 5 slow to gain signal

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jackgbanks, Nov 15, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I've got a little problem with my iPhone 5 and wondered if you lovely chaps and chapesses could shed any light on it.

Basically, whenever I got out of range of signal or I go inside and lose it, it takes a long time to regain this signal when I go outside. I realise that sounds confusing, but what I have to do if I want to regain the signal quickly is turn Airplane Mode on and then off again. This way my signal comes back instantly, whereas otherwise it can take 5-10 minutes.

I've got an iPhone 5 16gb on Orange UK.

I was wondering if any of you have had this problem or if you've heard of similar issues.

Thanks guys.

2. macrumors newbie

I'm having similar issues with my white iPhone 5 64 GB (with new nanosim) on the Proximus network in Belgium.

I seem to have issues mostly when I drive my car, thus going from celltower to celltower. I often cannot call or be called. I previously owned a 3GS(regular sim) without problems in the same area and with the same provider.

I'm contacting my provider today and will keep you posted if I have news of interest to you.

3. macrumors member

Got the same problem (Belgium/Proximus too).
    In the car and when i restart the phone it takes long (30 sec) that the phone is showing "no service" before the provider comes up.

Keep us posted.

4. macrumors regular

That has been a problem on every iPhone I have ever owned. Both At&t and Verizon.