iPhone 5 Speaker Problems

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BurntReality, Sep 22, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

BurntReality

Not complaining, just inquiring if anyone else has run into this issue yet. I already have an appointment with an Apple Genius next Sunday.

Just got my iPhone 5 yesterday from At&T (16GB Black). Used it all day yesterday with no problems at all. Then today when I went to make a Facetime call the speaker was extremely distorted and kept cutting in and out. I also tried it playing music and the speaker cuts in and out and almost sounds like the speaker is busted inside. Anyone else having this issue?

2. macrumors newbie

Yes. My speaker volume is very low despite it being set at full. Hearing calls is very hard. I would to sample another iPhone 5 to compare.

3. macrumors newbie

Happens to mine pointless to replace it if its happening to a lot if people cause it obviously means its gonna happen to all of them. But what can you expect it's apple.

4. macrumors demi-god

Welcome. Nice first post. :cool:

5. macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Last time i got told off for name calling so this time i wont name call.....;)

6. macrumors 65816

Apple has some of the best external speakers built into a phone on the planet. They should sound better than anything you've heard on any other phone.

If they sound terrible, your phone is deffective and needs to be replaced under warranty.