iPhone 5 storage

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Jets1230, Feb 7, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Is it safe to carry my phone in a sandwich bag,front pocket? It's them clear bigs with the zip top? Also used clear packing tape as a screen protector? Seems to hold up? Wonder if it last the tape so do you think the tape will hold up! Thanks

2. macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Well this was...no what I was expecting. For the first, yes, it would be fine to carry your phone is a plastic bag, though I'm not sure why you would want/need to unless you were at the beach. Straight up no to the second. There are some crazy people on here that will tell you it's a good idea, however not only will it destroy the display looks visually, it's TAPE. It has adhesive, chemicals and if it starts peeling will take the coating of the screen with it when it comes off. I normally don't recommend using cases, but just get one and a screen protector and DO NOT use tape.

3. macrumors newbie

Yes..!

4. macrumors 68020

Avoid tape, no matter what. If you like to carry it in a plastic bag that should be fine as long as its kept away from heat. Be sure the inside of the bag is clean & free of dust. The Oleophobic coating Apple applies to the display is very durable. Unless you drop it, there's nothing to be concerned with.

5. macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Clear Tape??? Really??? Anyone who would even consider this as a possible solution to not spending a few bucks on a decent screen protector, doesn't even deserve to own an iphone.

6. macrumors 68020

Like putting bumper stickers on a Ferrari.