Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hakr100

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2011
East Coast
I wonder if I have syncing set up properly between my iPhone and my gmail account I access on my iMac.

Calendar syncing seems to be fine. If I add something to the calendar on my iPhone, it shows up on the gmail calendar on my iMac. If I add an item on the gmail calendar on my iMac, it shows up on my iPhone. Great.

Not true with gmail contacts. If I add a contact onto gmail contacts on my iMac, the contact shows up on my iPhone contact list but if I add a contact to my iPhone contact list, it does not show up on my iMac gmail account.

Obviously, I have something set up incorrectly, but...what? I've checked every setting on the iPhone I can find, to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
I wonder if I have syncing set up properly between my iPhone and my gmail account I access on my iMac.

Calendar syncing seems to be fine. If I add something to the calendar on my iPhone, it shows up on the gmail calendar on my iMac. If I add an item on the gmail calendar on my iMac, it shows up on my iPhone. Great.

Not true with gmail contacts. If I add a contact onto gmail contacts on my iMac, the contact shows up on my iPhone contact list but if I add a contact to my iPhone contact list, it does not show up on my iMac gmail account.

Obviously, I have something set up incorrectly, but...what? I've checked every setting on the iPhone I can find, to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Try using CardDav for syncing google contacts. Excellent way to sync now since exchange google sync is broken.

hakr100

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2011
East Coast
Try using CardDav for syncing google contacts. Excellent way to sync now since exchange google sync is broken.

Actually, I am using that facility, but it only seems to sync one way. Surely there is a way for each device to sync the other. :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.