Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

superfula

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2002
If it were just photoshopped in, why would they not have taken an extra 30 seconds and picked a photo of hands that matches the brightness and resolution of the phone, rather than use some crappy pixelated one that looks like it doesn't belong.

It seems more likely to me that they're trying to hide their identity than pass off the worst 'shop of all time.

That's an absurd reason. How anyone could believe that....

How does the pixaltion do anything to hide their identity? The hands are still quite visable; the pixelation does nothing to hide or mask. Do you also think the same reasoning was used to pixelate the left/upper left part of the image that is red and yellow but didn't touch any of the white areas?

Move along people. It's just some kid looking for attention with a poorly done fake.

lolnick

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010
Its one picture and its been flipped, its not showing both sides of the phone, i hope this isnt it because the screen size doesnt seem to be bigger than the 4. maybe its the updated 4.

The hands were blurred to not give any details of who is holding it.

Martin.risigovier

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2011
Fake Fake Fake!!!

lol of course it's photoshopped, there's just too much wrong with the picture but the chassis of the phone does look kinda slick. It's just a mockup though.

If you look really carefully you'll notice that the hands in the picture are pixelated however the iPhone is not & I remember reading that apple were ditching the antenna case after the issues with the iPhone 4

**didn't read the above post before posting myself**

iEnvy

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
DFW
Isn't the iPhone 5 suppose to have a sloped back? --->Why does this look like a smooshed iPhone 4?<---
Apple said that they were not going to implement the same antenna in the next iPhone too...

blyan

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2011
Tacoma, WA
That's an absurd reason. How anyone could believe that....

Please tell me how the pixelation is used to hide their identity? The hands are still quite visable; the pixelation does nothing to hide or mask. Do you also think they pixelated the left/upper left part of the image that is red and yellow but didn't touch any of the white areas to hide their identity? :rolleyes:

Move along people. It's just some kid looking for attention with a poorly done fake.

You honestly believe that someone with enough skill to come up with a mockup that looks that good would not know better than to photoshop it on top of something other than pixelated garbage? Come on now. That's like day 1 of Photoshop 101.

And yes, you can still see that the hands are THERE, but any distinguishing marks on them would have been blurred out by the pixelation, making it an effective way to hide their identity.

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
A few things seem odd about the picture, one being so much side glass width being exposed seems like a big issue.

6e41ce68a07d224d6eebe77.jpg

jayc29u

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2011
Australia
i dont reckon its been photoshopped. the shadows, highlights and reflections are too realistic. everything corresponds to whats shown in the picture.

in saying that, the device COULD be a chinese knockoff, and therefore it physically exists. however i believe itll be the rumored cheaper version of the iphone 4 or the 4s or whatever you guys wanna call it.

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
Could also be that due to the thinner design, the SIM slot was moved to the bottom (or no SIM slot at all, SIM stored inside phone?).

Sure, you just take the back off to change the SIM, Flash memory, and battery............ :eek:

Aduntu

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2010
we were able to see it only 2 minutes, pictures forbidden of course, so, we did our best.

I just want to share this with the mac community, now trust me or not :)

Rendez-vous in 1-2 months :)

What's up with this 'we' crap? Are you posting on behalf of a group?

superfula

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2002
You honestly believe that someone with enough skill to come up with a mockup that looks that good would not know better than to photoshop it on top of something other than pixelated garbage? Come on now. That's like day 1 of Photoshop 101.

And yes, you can still see that the hands are THERE, but any distinguishing marks on them would have been blurred out by the pixelation, making it an effective way to hide their identity.

Looks that good? Are you kidding? This is a terrible Photoshop job.

No, the pixelation does nothing to hide any marks at all. It's quite clear in the image.

You all just need to have the iPhone 5 to be true that you'll believe anything you see.

ViPhone

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2010
Miami, Florida
There doesn't appear to be any pixelation around the phone itself, but everything else in the picture does experience exactly that effect.

A little strange, no? But I would still be interested in getting it. Looks nice and thin.

AdrianK

macrumors 68020
Feb 19, 2011
There doesn't appear to be any pixelation around the phone itself, but everything else in the picture does experience exactly that effect.

A little strange, no? But I would still be interested in getting it. Looks nice and thin.

Agreed, very dodgy.

Also it looks awful.

blyan

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2011
Tacoma, WA
Looks that good? Are you kidding? This is a terrible Photoshop job.

No, the pixelation does nothing to hide any marks at all. It's quite clear in the image.

You all just need to have the iPhone 5 to be true that you'll believe anything you see.

So many things wrong with what you just said. Firstly, I was talking about the mockup of the phone itself, if it indeed is a fake. Someone with enough skill to make a fake iPhone5 look that good would know better than to 'shop it on top of some ridiculous pixelated garbage. I don't even know how to use Photoshop and I could do a better job than that.

Second, I don't understand the last part of your comment at all. We need to have the iPhone 5 be true? There's a new iPhone coming out, regardless of what it looks like. There is no belief to be had.

Cancelled
Jul 23, 2008
Isn't the iPhone 5 suppose to have a sloped back? --->Why does this look like a smooshed iPhone 4?<---
Apple said that they were not going to implement the same antenna in the next iPhone too...

When did they comment on the design of the next iPhone? Just intrigued as I don't remember this.

ppilone

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2008
I don't usually join in the "real or fake" debates but these pictures seem wrong.

It looks like the Settings app is shown and in the first picture the switches and icons are on the wrong side, based on the earpiece and what would be the "top" of the phone. In the second picture, the icons and switches appear to be on the correct sides, again based on the position of the earpiece.

Last edited:

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
I don't usually join in the "real or fake" debates but these pictures seem wrong.

It looks like the Settings app is shown and in the first picture the switches and icons are on the wrong side, based on the earpiece and what would be the "top" of the phone. In the second picture, the icons and switches appear to be on the correct sides, again based on the position of the earpiece.

Mirrored image.. read the whole thread.

fireshot91

macrumors 601
Jul 31, 2008
Northern VA
The actual phone in the picture looks too high-quality, when everything else isn't.

It's the most realistic iPhone5 design I've ever seen though..:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.