iPhone 5 Video Converter

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by laz305, Sep 27, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

Anyone know of any new releases or old programs that will convert vidz to HD iPhone 5 Full Screen?

2. macrumors regular

3. macrumors regular

4. macrumors 6502a

Vundu

Full screen all depends on the aspect ratio if the original.

Unless you want to start cropping and loose the left and right edges.

5. macrumors 65816

boomhower

6. macrumors 6502a

Minhimalism

Yup, you can also set it to convert to 1136 x 640 if the original aspect ratio was also 16:9, else, it will only cut off a little bit. Love the new aspect ratio on the iPhone 5 :D

7. macrumors 65816

Adutrumque

i'm using Handbrake with iPhone 4 format. I don't know. I guess there should be some iPhone 5 template but i'm not getting it to work.

iPhone 4 format works tho - some videos becomes weird and too zoomed in when I zoom it in the videoplayer..

8. macrumors 68030

From A Buick 8

Reading through the Handbrake forum sounds like the high profile setting should work fine.

9. macrumors 65816

boomhower

Just because someone hasn't done the work for you and made a preset for the 5 doesn't make the program any less capable of doing it.

10. macrumors 68030

From A Buick 8

Try it using the high profile setting. does it close for all videos or just the one you put through handbrake. will itunes on your computer play the handbrake file

11. macrumors 65816

boomhower

How do you mean it doesn't have much to offer? You can adjust pretty much any aspect of the encoding. It has more option than any other program I have run across. The downside is if you want to do anything other than the pre-sets you have to know what you doing. If any you could say it offers to much, not to little.

12. macrumors member

13. macrumors 6502a

Minhimalism

Just do burned in subs, then. Honestly, everything that has ever come out of Handbrake for me has been completely smooth and I would never expect such quality from something free. Not sure why so many people here have a problem with it.

14. macrumors 65816

boomhower

It will do mp4 for Apple and MKV for everything else. If was written for mac folks so obviously that it was it's centered around. If for whatever reason you need AVI's or something else then it's not the best option but it's certainly not a knock against HB. It uses the two most popular formats out there.

15. macrumors 6502

16. macrumors newbie

I would recommend you for "IMTOO" video converter software. Its a free software and you can also convert your video format to audio format.

17. macrumors member

Maybe there's another solution?

Application which can playback any video on iPhone and have options of zooming video and changing aspect ration?

18. macrumors newbie

Wait. The best converter out there hasn't been mentioned. You need to use MPEG Streamclip. It's at http://goo.gl/kdwNh

Don Simpsons Head