iPhone 5 video recording with no sound

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ragz, Jun 7, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

I have this iphone 5 which doesn't record sound when recording from the rear camera. However it records when the front facing camera is recording video. I have noticed that a lot of people have faced this problem but haven't read anywhere of a resolution to this problem. Is there a fix? I have done a full factory reset with latest firmware

Thanks in advance.

2. macrumors 68030

dictoresno

i havent seen this issue, nor do i have it myself. i suggest taking it to apple to see if they will replace it under warranty. sounds like its a hardware issue.

3. macrumors 6502a

If you did a full factory restore (not restore from backup) then there's a hardware issue. If your iPhone is under warranty make an appointment at your local Apple store or give AppleCare a call so that you can get your iPhone replaced.

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

ok, thanks for the replies. I am getting it replaced.

5. macrumors 6502a

Only other thing I can think of is something may be blocking the mic. Dust, dirt, your protective case or possibly the protective film for the screen.

6. macrumors newbie

I had recorded video on my iPhone 5s and when I listened to it later there was no sound to the video. Thankfully after I turned the bluetooth off and on again in the slide up settings menu everything worked fine and the sound played normally.

7. macrumors newbie

Hi there, I've just realised I have the exact same problem. I can get sound on front facing but not on the other side when recording video. Did they say what the problem was before replacing it? Thanks